Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'm heading out to conduct the equivalent of a "storage unit auction" for a client. I wond

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
.............. is located in the items that will be auctioned?

This has come up a couple of times in the past 4 or so years and the stories about same were interesting. I posted threads about same. One time a sizable coin collection was involved and the other time about 80,000 vintage records in Mint condition were involved.

Maybe the same thing will happen again.

If so, I will report the details.

Comments

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

Anything's possible. Say hello to the "Staorage Wars" boys for us. image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you taking absentee bids? image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the office.

The auction was a snooze fest.

No bidders showed up, so the personal property was sold to my client for a credit bid comprised of its storage costs and auction expenses.

The items auctioned were stored on the grounds of the property, and inside of garages and homes on the property. The items of personal property were stuffed into the buildings and you could not tell what was really there under the surface. Old tools, paint cans, table saws, three VW Vans from the 1970's [groovey man], furniture, speakers, books, magazines and tons of other stuff. The guys from American Pickers would have had fund climbing through the stuff trying to find something good.

My client is going to hire a crew and dumpsters to remove all of the stuff. Maybe they will find something good as they throw stuff away.

• fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Tough to be glorious when dumpsters are involved...
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    quite a few of the storage unit auctions I have been too had dumpster material that I could see
  • My daughter wants one of the VW vans. image
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to dream.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl.

Unless your daughter is into salvage and restoration projects, I doubt she would want any of the VW Vans. She might get grossed out over the mold and moss growing on the exterior of the vehilces, not to mention whatever is lurking inside of same.
  • I've been tempted to start buying units...got a good business deal with one storage lot now that is tired of cleaning them out and the auctioneers werent making them any money so I get to clean them out and keep what I find as payment. Hoping for some coins image
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    SanctionII:

Wear strong, thick rubber gloves when checking the VW vans' seat cushions for lost change!!imageimage

- - Daveimage
  • Please don't take any pills found inside the VW vans. Don't smoke anything left in there either.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    By all means check out those V-Dubs, you may have some nice coin finds there. A 69-S cent may be camped in the Camper, ' Don't come a knock'n if this van is a rock'n'. The 70's I'm told were a interesting period. Being 61 years old I belive I could have used them much more wisely, but what the h---.
    D.A. Priest
  • JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    When I was in the Air Force, a new PA was assigned to my office and he had put a coin collection woth $14,000 (Smith Bros.) in a storage unit. The coins were in a lock box with a .45 revolver and guess what? Yep, you got it, the storage unit was broken into and everything taken. I told him after the fact that he could have left it with me and I would have kept it until he found a house but...
    oklahomakid

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file