Home U.S. Coin Forum

Free Books...

They're not much, but they're free... the first 10 people to respond (if you don't want these books, please do not respond), pick a number between 1-10 (try to pick a different number!). The one with the exact number will win.

I bought approximately 500 Stamp, Coin, History, etc., books from the same guy I'm buying the Large Cent collection and several key date circulated silver coins from on Monday. I have about 200 of the books currently and these were the only coin books in the group.

Encased Postage Stamps: US and Foreign, by A. Slabaugh
1964 United States Major and Minor Mint Error Types Ford
1973 U.S. State Issue Sales Tax Tokens Schimmel
Indiana Civil War Tokens Haggenjos
1959 Sutler Issues of the Civil War Curto
1964 Redbook Guide Book US Coins Yeoman
1962 Redbook Guide Book US Coins Yeoman
1961 Catalog of Modern World Coins Yeoman
1965 Coins and Collectors Bowers
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM Sent

Dwayne Sessom
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

(Edited to express an interest in just two of the books, but on second thought I edited a second time to put my hat in the ring for all of 'em, since more than two sound interesting. I suppose I can always give away the ones I don't want later, if I win. Thanks for the chance.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

Coinsaboutforum.com Join today!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
  • pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • OnTheHuntOnTheHunt Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    Six

Steve
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeN?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    The first person to quess, guessed right! Congratulations to JamesMurray! image
  • Wow : ) Lucky number seven does it again , thank you very much indeed ... i think i'm excited : ) lol i am i am i am excited : ) Thank you llafoe , i will put them to good use Sir
    twelve?
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very nice of you! image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

• << <i>This is very nice of you! image >>

It really is Astrorat , i'm still surprised as i've never won anything before anywhere anytime , a case of "oh , is this what winning feels like" : ) The titles are superb as it's exactly what i'm into just now , some may recall my hard times and pennsylvania tokens of late.What i'm lacking in the direction is learning , this is a huge help.
  • jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    J'har
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Found one more:

1946 United States Postage Currency August 1862-May 1863 and Fractional Currency October 1863-February 1876, #2558 of 3000
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Found one more:

1946 United States Postage Currency August 1862-May 1863 and Fractional Currency October 1863-February 1876, #2558 of 3000 >>

Now, ya tell me!
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

six and a half?
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great giveaways - But I'm just waiting for those fresh large cents to hit the BST image
    Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Thank you llafoe , i wasn't sure of forum protocol in acknowledging receipt of items but see no harm in doing so publicly. All the books exactly as described and in beautiful condition arrived this morning.Thank you for the competition/giveaway and the care taken in packing the items llafoe , these are excellent and will be put to use.I'd like to mention to the forum i offered to at least pay shipping , llafoe wouldn't hear of it , a real gentleman that means just what he says.Thank you again Sir
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... missed the boat on this... that will teach me to go do something constructive.... image Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file