Home U.S. Coin Forum

ugly story but also coin related

Those whom have come to know me over the years know that I am a quiet guy, mind my own business and wish well to
everyone. I always believed in pay it forward and good things come to those-well here is how my years has panned out:

2 days before xmas My aunt died. She was a great lady but poor in health as some of the family from the old country did not
believe in doctor visits. I am how ever relieved she died in her sleep, she was 81. Next came day after xmas during our first blizzard
this year (well right after xmas) anyway my next door neighbor also died in his sleep, he had a brain tumor and this was expected, however
the poor man was stuck in his house for 14 hours till they could come and get him, due to the storm and it was the funeral palor who picked him
up which seemed odd.

Next a few days later, my father ended in the hospital, he was bleeding internally. This has happened before due to divaticulitous, or something like
that. He was ok but needed to be in for a few days, no biggie after 3 days they sent him home. Exactly 3 days later we get another blizzard, so we
were all stuck in the house the next day. I was working on projects around the house being snowed in, and mom also decided to put xmas stuff away.
This invloved moving boxes downstairs. Well she had one big one which was ready and I told her to give me a minute id take it down. Well she said no problem
and decided to go herself, and she would have been fine but dad decided to help her. She was in front and him behind going downstairs. He lost footing
and took her and the box out. They went down 14 stairs, and moms eye got split and she needed stitches. I had ta call the ambulance and they insisted both
goto the hospital to be checked due to the stairs and whatnot. Both were taken out on backboards thru 2 ft on unplowed snow. I was left stuck home as
they would not allow me in the ambulance, and I could not goto hospital due to weather. Luckily they checked out fine and were released 4 hours later. I had a friend with
4 wheel who took me to pick them up-wow things are great now, but wait.

The next week she needed her stitches out and I was at work, so dad took her. They left 10:30 and I was home at 11:20 am. In that space of time someone
broke into the house, stole everything I bought mom for xmas plus a bunch of crap jewels, cleaned dads change collection and found a box I had put together
for the kids club at my cousins kids school with bits and peices of coins, nothing spectacular but wouldve been appreciated by the little ones. All in all
they made off with about 3K worth of stuff, some that just cannot be replaced. I just cannot wash the stink off this year, I almost wish I could crawel in a box
and call it a day.

But ill be dammed if Id let some scumbag cause that. Please keep your eyes open for the one and only thing that was certified, which I got
from someone on the board here and decided to put in the box for the kids- it was a 1947-D PCGS AU58 # 04832316 walker-everything else was raw so it cannot be tracked,
a few rolls and some lose type stuff, not something that can be traced.

but you walker fans, watch for that and if ya see it popup id appreciate it. Id like to talk to the person holding it.

sorry to post all this crap, but i needed to talk to someone image edit to add cert number

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Pontiacinf, I am very sorry to hear about this. I suppose that eventually, we all suffer fates such as these. I don't know where you are located ... someplace snowbound, to be sure... but I will take the cert number to the shows I attend here on the east coast.

The best to you and your family....

Whit
    Whit
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    It's a sad story BUT the blessing is your mom and dad went down 14 stairs and only needed a few stitches.
    That's a lucky fall, it could have been worse.

Sorry for your aunt and lost stuff.

Ed
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>Pontiacinf, I am very sorry to hear about this. I suppose that eventually, we all suffer fates such as these. I don't know where you are located ... someplace snowbound, to be sure... but I will take the cert number to the shows I attend here on the east coast.

The best to you and your family....

Whit >>

thanks guys- I am in New Haven county, CT-right in the path of mother natures wrath or so it seems image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it just happens that way, was the same for me for a month or so, but the sun always comes out, hang in there friend----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Sorry about the bad luck. Sorry that the events are so heavy for you. Keep at em. I like your attitude. God Bless.
    Posative Transaction as Buyer: Aherensdad, cwazzy, ciccio, mkman,dropdaflag

www.NebraskaSilverCoins.com

Seller, SamByrd, HTubbs
  • WhitWhit Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Litchfield County myself, another of Nature's targets ... except no mudslides, no earthquakes to speak of,
    no twisters to speak of, no tsunamis, no hurricanes to speak of, no threatening brush fires,
    no major flooding, and no poisonous critters to speak of. Just the occasional snowball and t-storm. So that ain't bad ......

Whit
    Whit
    Thanks all for the kind words. I know like most that times can sometime feel like everything is against ya. Well I am thankful
    my parents did not get hurt worse than what happened, and as for the deaths inside and outside the family, chit happens. The house being robbed was a wakeup call, not so much for me as my main holdings are in a SDB. Alot of the jewels taken were garbage cept for a few things left out on bureaus as that stuff is also in SDB's. Please if you live in CT just watch out, the police had a long talk with me about whats going down around me and I also read this morning a Branford CT Vol fireman died, and day of his funeral they robbed his house. Not sure what is causing all this grief to others but I oh so want to nip it in the buTT.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about all this, Bill image
    As you know, I am on the opposite coast, but I will keep my eyes open at the shows in case it pops up way out here somehow.

Too much of this stuff happening (the breakins, etc).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Bill, I'm very sorry to hear of the many problems you're dealing with. Don't lose faith and keep being the person that you are. Scumbags will have to answer someday for what they have done.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    I tried to get you yesterday but had logon problems. Hey pal hang in there things have not gone in your favor. Plus winter blues don't help, I'm in Centeral Jersey, I understand. You'll be o-kA important though to have is "Time heals all wounds, if we want it to" I'm sure you would like things to get back to the norm and it will try to clear your mind and feel what will happen. Find a person you can vent this all to you did a good thing in posting your fellings.
    D.A. Priest
  • jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    While this seems like a sad or ugly story, its all a matter of perspective. Thank goodness your parents weren't more seriously injured, that no one was home during the robbery as they might have been armed and thankfully most of the valuables kept in SDB.

Hope the creeps get caught soon.
  • I frequent most of the centeral New Jersey shows and most area B&M's. If I see her I will let you know.

Tom
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible series of events. It's nice to hear that your parents are okay and were not injured seriously. I hope 2011 goes much better for you and your family.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Hey Kranky!

I refuse to let it get me down. The house being robbed was small compared to what could have happened to my parents. And I also believe in Earls theory about karma, pay back can sometime times be 10x worse (lets hope on that)
    and for those on the east coast, yes another round tuesday and wednesday, seems never ending. I spent the day letting all the heat go into the attic to melt whats stuck up there and make room for later this week. I dont ever remember it being this bad, 78 blizzard was a cake walk compared to this image

thanks for the all kind words guys, its why I call this my family chatboard image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file