Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just bought my first gold coin

I know, I know... it's about the least exciting gold coin in the world. I don't care. It was an exciting purchase for me image

Comments

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • Nice , that one was my first US gold too , one wee word of warning , they are addictive and you might find yourself selling coins to buy gold...i know thats how it was for me.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that was my first gold coin too canadanz.

You might as well pick up a couple these now rather than later.image

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I remember when I bought my first gold coin (42 years ago)---a British sovereign---and sold it 6 years later, doubling my money.
    I foolishly thought that all of my coin purchases would end that way......
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • kahokiakahokia Posts: 140 ✭✭
    My first gold coin, too. Those little bullion coins are a gateway drug.
    We are digging the pit of Babel.
    --Franz Kafka
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful, gold coins are a very slippery slope. It starts out with one, then a couple, then a few, then....
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Be careful, gold coins are a very slippery slope. It starts out with one, then a couple, then a few, then.... >>

Only dirty gold will do.... image
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats !

When The Gold Bug Bites, it Feels Real Good.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey, that was my first gold coin too canadanz.

You might as well pick up a couple these now rather than later.image
    image >>

that was my first gold purchase as well. i think my first 2 were that if i remember right.
  • <<Be careful, gold coins are a very slippery slope. It starts out with one, then a couple, then a few, then....>>

Congrats and good luck!

I can relate to my own story. Sometimes around end of 2008 when the financial world was coming to an end image I decided I needed to get little PM holding and knew nothing about where to get them without risk of getting fake. I started looking around and the easiest and safest way to buy was from the US Mint that had plenty of overpriced coins relative to melt (around $1100 when gold was around $900). But at the time it was the first thing came to my mind so ordered 2 of each since I have 2 kids 1oz 2008-W Uncirculated Buffalo (they cost less than Proof version image, Eagle and Proof Plat Liberty. A bit later I picked up eight 2008-W burnished Plat quarters from APMEX at melt…. You can guess I never regretted other than not getting 10x more of them image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file