Home U.S. Coin Forum

I knew it was going to happen! Need advice, please help. -- Crisis is over

Long story short.
My Hockey Pucks have been shipped today today with an ETA of Feb.1st.
That day I will be leaving to Italy and won't be back until Feb.14th.

What options do I have to intercept the package and either hold it or reroute it?

I know sometimes Fedex uses Usps for the last leg of the shipment.
Is Express Saver one of those?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    If you are having it shipped to your home, have the PO hold the mail. If you have it coming to a PO Box, they no longer hold them so I would suggest giving someone you trust totally the keys, or else they may send it back.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cousin Louie has graciously offered to house sit for you that day.
    Problem solved.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• if you have a fedex location nearby go there with your tracking # and photo ID and i`m sure if you explain your traveling they will hold the package for you.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Call Fedex and explain the situation. If it arrives in their sort facility the night before you might be able to pick it up. Or you can leave authorization with them to give it to your neighbor. Otherwise it will go return to sender after a few attempts.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    After few phone calls I think I am definitely screwed.

Fedex cannot reroute the package unless is the seller who requests it.
    A-Mark cannot reroute it because they don't want to ship to a different address (understandable).

Now, I can foresee 2 scenarios.

1. the package bounces back to A-Mark. Will they refund my money or ship it again? I will call them again later. (still waiting for someone to get back to me on the first issue).
    2. Fedex leaves the package in the hallway of my building (even if they must get a signature). It shouldn't last 15 days there without anyone getting it.

Thoughts?
  • Have a family member or trusted friend spend a day or two housesitting ?
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with FedEx holding and redirecting packages when I'm just the recipient. They can have it sent to a FedEx Kinkos, or hold it at the distribution center for morning pickup. These weren't Direct Signature Required packages though and that maybe what is preventing them from redirecting it. I would call when it is closer to your area then maybe they could do more. I also think that because it is Direct Signature Required a house sitter can't do anything.

Edit: My distribution center is also open until 8:30pm so depending on when it gets there maybe you could pick it up the night before.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looked at your profile and with that address I'd say you have a better chance of changing your airline reservations.
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Tracking information should be included with any contacts you have with A-Mark, and through that, you can determine when it is expected. With that information, you can arrange to have a trusted friend await its delivery on the date scheduled.
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    It may arrive at the local FedEx the night before the 1st and you can pick it up before leaving if they will hold it.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I always make sure the item ships through USPS before I order. The nearest FedEx location is nearly an hour away and they always come with I'm in the shower, or went to get gas. It's to the point where I probably won't order if it has to ship FedEx.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Have a family member or trusted friend spend a day or two housesitting ? >>

Absolutely. It's only $1000. You could trust that to anyowe you can trust to be at your house. --Jerry
  • Ideally, the shipment center will get it while you're still in town and you can go pick it up. Otherwise....

Maybe they would hold it for 2 weeks at the FedEx center. Not likely, but cookies always help.

If that doesn't work, I think there's a form you can fill out so that you can essentially sign for the package when it arrives (and not be there). Leave this on your door, the FedEx guy/gal will leave it on your doorstep. Have a friend grab it. Slightly risky, but hopefully you have a dependable friend.

Otherwise, AMark may be willing to work with you.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Don Ciccio is that you? I thought Vito whacked you in Episode 2?

Whatever.

Certainly you can arrange to have one of your "soldiers" pick up your items should they not arrive before you leave.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>Don Ciccio is that you? I thought Vito whacked you in Episode 2?

Whatever.

Certainly you can arrange to have one of your "soldiers" pick up your items should they not arrive before you leave. >>

LOL

What if Fedex really leaves the package without signature? Can I open a claim against them?
    I can proof that the one they have is not my sig.

Unfortunately I have nobody here that can help me.
    I will ask the chinese guy that work in the cleaners downstairs if he can manage that!
    The problem will be understanding each other! image
  • The Fedex tag stuck on my door says shipper requires someone at the address to be present and sign for it. They will not leave it without a signature. Bottom of tag states they make three attempts on consecutive business days, then hold it for two days then return it. It does say call 1 800 463 3339 to avoid having your package returned. good luck!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Have a family member or trusted friend spend a day or two housesitting ? >>

Absolutely. It's only $1000. You could trust that to anyowe you can trust to be at your house. --Jerry >>

Two days of house sitting? That's one heck of a favor to ask someone just to sign for a package. You better have some food and their favorite beverage in the fridge.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

Just for everyone's information, this is how I managed to pick them up tonight.

Fedex has a service called "Hold for pickup at a Fedex location".
    I called Fedex this morning and asked to hold my package at their location, then I rented a car and went there.
    Very nice people and a short wait.
    You just have to intercept the package when it is still at that location, I am not sure if they can put an hold to the next facility.

Anyway, the Hockey Pucks are here...and are really nothing special. image

edited to add: thanks everyone for your suggestions!
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing special, huh?

I might have let them deliver w/o a signature, hoped they'd be stolen, file a claim, and used the $ for something more "special", then....... image

Glad to hear you were able to get them before you left!image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file