Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Vegas Show

I'd like some input on the PCGS Vegas shows. Wondering if theyre more of a show and tell / party show or if they have dealers with a good wide range of inventory?

Also, how many tables/etc are there?

Comments

• BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    New requirement, to get into show, one must show 1,000,000 worth of Swiss money.

An equivalent amount worth of Swiss Cheese might do.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My observation says that there is a lot of inventory and a lot of dealer to dealer
    business. 30-40 tables or so. Bring a want list as a lot of the stock is behind
    the dealer not on display. Don't be afraid to ask. Small in nature but not in
    volume. Quite friendly. On site drop off or grading. No Todd taking pics of raw
    coins or already graded coins, as of yet. Of course you can get True Views on grading.

Come and enjoy. Great venue location. Cheap for most to get here and get home.
    PCGS has arranged a discount for those that want a room.

When looking for a flight see if Allegiant flies to your area. Really cheap flights from
    smaller airports.

Come on down!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    The show is mostly dealer to dealer ,but some off the street collectors,mostly wholesale though.Its nice ,i have been to a couple.
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!

• It's a GREAT show for what I'm looking for, which happens to be vegas fun and a chance to submit coins in person. My only bone to pick is the dates. They must conspire with my wife to set the dates that I'm least likely to be able to attend. I try like heck to get there on opening day during the week, but only manage to fly in on the last day after they quit accepting submissions.

Honestly, if you don't take advantage of the show then you are missing out on the greatest club benefit they offer. The catered affair with free shirts is worth more than a year of quarterly submission specials, especailly now with the stinky 4 for price of 3 that you get gouged on.
    They're nice people out there. I'm able to get a freebie for my non-member poker playing body guard (son) that saves me $20 bucks in lunch fees for some faboulous food. It's just fun, period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file