Home U.S. Coin Forum

Petition for PCGS to grade Tokens and Medals

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
I have pleaded for this in the past. Every year I end up having to send them to NGC. Post here your support and if you have any tokens that you would like to have graded by PCGS. Perhaps if we show how much business they are missing out on things will change.
I have 20 SCD, 10 HTT, 20 Conder and 25 CWT ready for grading.

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Not medals?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, Id be happy if they would go "the rest of the way" with the Feuchtwanger cents and attribute the varieties.

As it looks now, my coins will have to go ATS for slabbing.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    I hope my vote will help! image
  • PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ......on the PCGS Registry pages , they list tokens and medallions as included in Registry Sets .....
  • Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    I spoke to them, and they said something is in the works. The fact that they are using large size holders for the 5oz America the Beautiful Pucks, large medals WILL fit in these. When speaking to customers service, all they said was that they are working on it.

Hopefully good news soon....
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, grade them all as they are, and call them as they're graded

(l8-)>>

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Medals are just a whole different ball of wax with the number of restrikes and varities out there. Also with electrotypes and recasts etc, they will have to hire an expert like NGC has.

This in a batch I am planning to send to NGC unless PCGS changes their policy.

imageimage

imageimage

AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    I would love to see PCGS grade So Called Dollars and or medals. However, since this is a business

decision involving profit vrs loss, It must be left to management, if it is the right venue or time for

them to enter this niche grading.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Medals are just a whole different ball of wax with the number of restrikes and varities out there. Also with electrotypes and recasts etc, they will have to hire an expert like NGC has.

This in a batch I am planning to send to NGC unless PCGS changes their policy.

imageimage

imageimage

AJ >>

IMHO NGC doesn't even with the oversized slabs have anything that will house a 1904 L.E. award medal.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Got my vote. I would love to be able to have all my numismatic items in the same holders.
  • .is this petition petering out ?
  • I'm down with thatimage I have two pieces now "across the street" and I have probably sent them 20 in the last year. NGC seems to do a pretty good job but I would like PCGS to offer it.
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, cmon we run a business here. That said, the new larger holders that we now have will allow us to grade and holder many coins and medals that we could not previously. I can't wait to see a Libertas Americana in a PCGS holder!
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys, cmon we run a business here. That said, the new larger holders that we now have will allow us to grade and holder many coins and medals that we could not previously. I can't wait to see a Libertas Americana in a PCGS holder! >>

Great!!!

I suppose I'll have to be patient for my chuck-e-cheese tokens though. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys, cmon we run a business here. That said, the new larger holders that we now have will allow us to grade and holder many coins and medals that we could not previously. I can't wait to see a Libertas Americana in a PCGS holder! >>

That suits me fine. Tokens and medals are not coins.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

<< <i>Tokens and medals are not coins.
    >>

This one is a token and a coin
    This one was coined by the US Mint

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file