Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Women collectors on this board?

This may have been discussed prior. Do we have any here?

Comments

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Women collectors on this board? >>

I think Polygamy is illegal in most countries, although we might have some members from the Middle East.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    "Women collectors..." Oh, Z... image

Hayden, Utah is not another country.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathy, aka "Stork" (our obvious queen of the Darkside).

Stefanie, aka "coinsarefun" (I call her "The Token Goddess", with good reason if you've seen some of her Hard Times and other tokens)

ThePennyLady (I don't know her well but she's pretty advanced with the Liteside stuff- way, way above my league, but that isn't sayin' much)

Gayla, aka "pakasmom" (mostly Liteside, I think- a very nice lady from Hawaii).

Lucybop, of course, though I haven't seen her around the Liteside in a good while. She's a character if there ever was one.

C'mon, there are plenty of others... help me out, here...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    There are at least three of four more who I think only post in the US section. In the currency section BooBooBillQueen is a major name, she is also one of the two driving forces behind PCGS Currency
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathy (Stork) is probably the one who has been the most active. Now she is in Japan, US Navy MD, and doesn't participate much.

Another who has left the fold is A2labmom.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My avatar is a lady, does that count?image
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Women collectors on this board? >>

I think Polygamy is illegal in most countries, although we might have some members from the Middle East. >>

I used to collect women but coins are more fun.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I used to collect women but coins are more fun. >>

Coins are also a lot less costly, and not nearly as aggravating.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup Lucybop was an icon on liteside years ago -

you forgot Laura Sperber
  • Options
    The Penny Lady is posting some nice Conders over on the Liteside.

Casting pearls before swine, methinks. image

Or maybe not.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    TequilaDaveTequilaDave Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Whoops- sorry, Becky- forgot you there for a sec. image

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Lordmarcovan, for letting me know about this forum - I'll have to stop by here more often! I never really paid attention to the other forums here I have been mostly into U.S. pennies but a couple years ago became enamored with Conder tokens. Since there is no way I'd ever be able to collect every Conder token, I look for ones that appeal to me in (1) eye appeal, (2) rarity, and (3) design. As you can see from the thread Lormarcovan linked, I especially love critter Conders! I don't sell Conders, I only collect them since I can't bear to part with any of them. I also post all my Conders on my website if anyone wants to take a peek. image

Oh, and if you don't mind, here are some of my favorites!!!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    The PennyLady, aka Charmy Harker, is at most large shows around the country. She is very approachable and makes you feel very welcome. I've met her twice, the Boston ANA and the Coinfest. She loves to talk with and about forum members. Some of her "pennies" are spectacular with toning. She's one of us, no matter what level of collecting you are at.
    Paul
  • Options
    I like the "critter" Conder subtheme. Excellent idea. Excellent tokens, too.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember Redscorpio?

She's been yetti for 6 years or so.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Yes. RedScorpio. Her name was Maria, as I recall. Sad to say, that is about all I can remember, without checking PM history.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Women collectors?

Yes, the emir of Kuwait collects women. He has a special staff that go out and look for women that fit his standards. He then provides them with an all expense paid home.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee