Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

(Giveaway winner: Moonbiter)

It's my birthday, as has been pointed out. Guess that means I get to give the present.

Times are tough around here, so don't go 'spectin' nothin' special in my giveaway, though.

For a modest prize, how 'bout a 1983 UK eight-coin UNC set in the original packaging?

Post once to enter- I'll draw randomly later.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday o Lord of Holeys.

Should I win please donate the prize to a YN.

Are you still collectin' the holeys?
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Happy Bday LM!

If by some miracle I should win, I have 3 YN (ages 8, 14 and 16) who will get to fight over it. lol
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might as well throw your hat in for a free silver quarter, too.

Again, nothin' too special there, either.

But free silver is ... free. And silver. Right? "Free" and "silver" are two nice words that go nicely together.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you still collectin' the holeys? >>

Not actively, though a coin or two still finds me occasionally. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to my holeys these days, unless it's something like a gold coin or a thaler or a Draped Bust dollar or something of that ilk. I'm still collecting Seated dime love tokens by date (holey or not), but that's on a back burner at present.

• Options
    Happy Birthday, and thanks.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, thanks for the chance!
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Rob
    Did you ever finish that state quarter set from circulation?
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options

<< <i>Did you ever finish that state quarter set from circulation? >>

Sure did. Took me six months, as I recall. January to June.

I would try that with the new quarters, but in all of 2010, I have seen exactly ONE of them in circulation. I suppose the banks aren't getting them. It was fun, collecting strictly and exclusively from circulation. I might try it with nickels, too. Or do the quarters again. Who knows.

• Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, O Holey One.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, Lord M. It's good to see you posting again.
  • Options

Shouldn't we be sending you birthday presents? That's how it works at our house.image

P.S. -- Don't count my post as entry....in fact, you could put me down as a vote for one of moonbiter's kids if picked.
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday...
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    Mine was the 21st....happy birthday to you.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    Happy Birthday! And many more...
  • Options
    29 again.... lol
    Congrats bud!!!
  • Options

Hey Lord Macovan, long time no see, hope all is going well and you had a great birthday!
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Rob!

Thanks for the chance!imageimage
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Happy B-day to one of the forum members I most like to read. Go back to the top hat and vest avitar, it sets you apart from the rest of us schmucks.
    Paul
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Since I'm the one that spilled the beans, put me at the top of the list image

Please.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Is it an unfortunate time of year for a birthday, because you receive the same single gift for both Christmas and the Birthday, plus it puts a strain on your liver to get smashed again on New Year's Eve three days later, after just barely recovering from the birthday hangover?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Rob. Put me down for a YN also!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy B-day to one of the forum members I most like to read. Go back to the top hat and vest avitar, it sets you apart from the rest of us schmucks. >>

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Happy B-day to one of the forum members I most like to read. Go back to the top hat and vest avitar, it sets you apart from the rest of us schmucks. >>

As you wish. I was only wearing my old Barber half icon for a little while, anyway, to give the default "Holey Hat Icon" a rest.

<< <i>Is it an unfortunate time of year for a birthday, because you receive the same single gift for both Christmas and the Birthday, plus it puts a strain on your liver to get smashed again on New Year's Eve three days later, after just barely recovering from the birthday hangover? >>

Well, Christmas was never a huge deal in my family anyway, and believe it or not, I've never touched that boozy stuff, having remained a lifelong teetotaller for all 45 years, so I must have the liver of a 16-year-old! (Unfortunately, I can't claim the same for my lungs, since I did pick up the tobacco vice some time back.)

Happy New Year, y'all.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday (belated -- - I was on vacation with no internet access), Happy New Year, and thx for the shot at your giveaway!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I've never touched that boozy stuff, having remained a lifelong teetotaller for all 45 years, so I must have the liver of a 16-year-old! >>

Excellent, that being the case may we suppose you have a special predilection for Susan B. Anthony dollars since SBA herself was not merely a suffragist but equally a prohibitionist? And wasn't Abraham Lincoln a non-drinker himself, although he didn't go so far as to advocate prohibition, so shouldn't Lincoln cents also be among your favorites? Or would you say it's a bit too much to expect that anyone select their coin preferences on the basis of shared attitudes towards alcohol?
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Rob! If I win, please gift it to a YN, because I just moved to MS and I don't want any more things to move until I've thrown out half of what I own! lol

If you think you have it hard on the 28th, my aunt is a Chrismas baby!
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    The Random.org random number generator has smiled upon Number 3... which is Moonbiter!

• Options
    MoonbiterMoonbiter Posts: 652 ✭✭
    Wow! First time I've won a drawing. Now the wife and I get to figure out a contest and choose the winner to get the set.