Home Sports Talk

Angry Bill Cowher takes shot at USA Today over supposed "wish list" of coaching jobs

An angry Bill Cowher took a potshot at USA Today right off the bat on the NFL pregame show on CBS knocking down rumors
that he had a "wish list" of three teams that he was interested in as head coach, saying he had too much respect for the
profession to say he wanted any current coach fired so he could have their job. Last week he gave an interview to USA Today
and from that interview USA Today said he had a wish list of jobs, Cowher said that never happened and he will not talk
any more about it until after the season is over.

It will be interesting to see what USA Today has to say about this on Monday.

Comments

• He didn't do a very good job at knocking down the rumor. It looked like he confirmed it to me, more that he thought it wrong talking about it now...which it likely is.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what were the teams?

• << <i>So what were the teams? >>

Dolphins, Texans, Giants.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notice he didn't say "I don't have a wish list". He said "I respect the game too much to ask for these guys to be fired so I can take their job". Not even close to the same thing - which pretty much, to me, confirms that he DOES have a wish list.

Tabe
  • Going to Carolina!
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I would welcome him to the Cowboys
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Coughlin doesn't make the playoffs, the Maras will sign him to coach the Giants, IMO..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Oh please, please, pretty please come to Houston.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts