Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

do you agree that the (8) hand cuts on the 83 topps sticker "strip box" are worth more tha

... I wondered through my storage area, looking for things to sell on feebay, and I found two cases of 1983 topps baseball sticker "strip type" boxes (see scans below).

What's interesting is there are 8 different sets (of 30 stickers to each set, or 6 strips of 5 stickers per each strip). What I didn't realize was on the back of each box is a bonus: a baseball star card to be hand cut.

So there are 8 different bonus cards (see reverse box scans below), and "the question of the day" is, are these "hand cuts" worth more than 240 '83 Topps Baseball Album Stickers?

Like a hand cut Rose or Schmidt or some of the other stars also? That a good "hand cut" could merit a PSA 10?

I figured I got a total of (18) sets in these two cases. I had planned to list each set on feebay for 5 bucks +shipping. Then I thought of all the Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, etc. "master registry sets" out there, that would "give-up their first born" for a PSA 10? image

Guess I'm just short of sleep? image

rd

imageimage
imageimage

SO, "DA PARTS ARE WORTH MORE THAN DA WHOLE" image

Comments

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    cut me a psa 10 rose and will talk. till then im going back to sleep
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Agreed -- cool cards, but they're not terribly difficult to find in PSA 8 / 9 condition [e.g. they can still be cut down today]. Like Corey, if you find me a Mike Schmidt PSA 10, I would be a happy camper.

They are worth more raw than the 240-sticker card set -- but these are cards / stickers that have very little raw value, and the main attraction is player collectors looking for high grade Registry sets. (foolish or not, I'll let you decide)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.