Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need opinions on a couple Jeters & Mantle/WIlliams Ball

Guy's & Gal's,

This is my first post & I am brand new to the forums, I have been reading them for a while & collecting for a couple of Years. I have obtained a couple of autographs through friends & local card shops that I think you guys mught have a better opinion on authenticity then myself. I get most of my autographs at local signings & card shops. Any input would be greatly appreciated good/bad or ugly. I also threw in a Tony Stewart card if there are any Nascar fans on here.

Thanks in advance

Wsohl
wsohl

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure the jeter is pack pulled. Let others tell you about the mantleimage
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Board....Im not an expert but the "M's" dont look right..just my opinion.

• Options
    The Tony Stewart Auto is absolutely real!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    MM/TW ball NFG

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions, Like I said I am new to this stuff especially the cards, Stupid question what is Pack Pulled. Does that mean that the card came that was straight out of the pack?? Im a pretty big nascar fan I thought the Stewart looked good also.
    wsohl
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    "Pack Pulled" Means the signature cards could have been pulled from a pack. Unfortunately The 94 signature rookies card has been forged a lot as of lately.

If you use this one for comparison

Note on the left of the card it says "Authentic Signature"

Here is the card you have.

Note on the left of the card it says "1 of 45,000"

I am skeptical of the signature. I don't think it is real unless it was signed by Jeter after the card was pulled from a pack.

I am no expert when it comes to authenticating autos... I have no idea if they are authentic or not.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    The Williams/Mantle ball is a good study piece. I'm suspecting a Marino forgery...you have to consider why both of those sigs would be on the sweet spot together...it would have to have been by design, in which case a company like ScoreBoard or Steiner would have sold them (lots of them) and likely have made a limited edition of some sort. Think about it. How many signed balls (not team signed) have you seen where to Hall of Famers were on the sweet spot? The other giveaway is that neither of the signatures touch one another, a sign that whomever did the job was very careful.

On the Jeters, when Signature Rookies came out Jeter's signature was readable almost to every letter, so it's not likely they are NOT pack pulled. I'm not an expert on Jeter so I'll defer, but they certainly were not signed when the cards were issued.

• Options
    The Jeter was bought from a card show & the seller lived in Columbus. He had tons of Jeter stuff from when he was with the Clippers. He would go down there a couple days a week & jeter would sign a couple in the morning & a couple in the afternoon. It looked alot like the others I had so I took a chance, I will let JSA take a look in january at the MAB show. The mantle/williams ball I had the same questions, It looks like they used two different pens & took alot of care not to touch each other,

Anyone have an opinion on the Jeter WS ball?

Thanks again for all your input.
    wsohl