Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

submission question

I recently sent in a few misc. world coins for grading and I noticed NGC (sorry pcgs) increased my declared value....at first, the values i gave the coins appeared online, then after about a week the "total value" was increased (total increase was less than 10%, not a whole lot)...does this normally happen and am I wrong in assuming this can only be a good thing???

Comments

• Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    If a coin is deliberately undervalued by the submitter in order to use a less costly grading tier, or if the submitter just makes an honest mistake (i.e. you listed the value of a $1000 coin at $300) the grading services (both PCGS and NGC) reserve the right to adjust the value and charge a higher fee based on the appropriate grading tier, but unless your situation changed the grading tier they will use, I have no answer.

Was any single coin value raised to a level above the maximum for the grading tier you selected? Generally speaking, I doubt values would be changed unless they were grossly understated by the submitter. -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    Im not sure what grades as they arent at that stage yet, but hopefully I turned in a million dollar varietyimage...paul