Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High AU and MS copper that is original can get a nice green 'glow' to it - I've heard them referred to as 'greenies'. I only have one in my set with this character to it (and it's in an old green label PCGS slab, to complement it). I do not see many like this. Generally the green I see that is not verdigris is PVC haze.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    What is the overall color of the coin?

If it is a dark coin- nearly black- then the green may be just part of the natural patination and be considered acceptable. Classic Heads to tend to come dark on less-than-choice copper stock. In my opinion, green would only be good on mint-state toned copper or acceptable on lower grade and very dark copper.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fairly dark, but not black like some. The green seems like more of a hue than anything, but definately noticeable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file