Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pros & Cons 2010 AGE Proof Coins

Who is planning on buying these coins on 10/7/10 from the USM; what denomination are planning to buy and why? If you aren't a buyer of the 2010 AGE Proofs, why? Comments Please...
Specialized Investments

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 4-coin set

Pros and Cons?

Collect what you collect and these won't be easy flips at all.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collect what you collect and these won't be easy flips at all. >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain your reasoning behind this statement.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>Please explain your reasoning behind this statement. >>

Not to steal MsMorrisine's reply but.....I agree these will not be a strong buy for flippers. The mintages are not low and the current gold price puts a 4-pc set at $2,938.

Now if gold takes off and hits $1500 next year, these might have looked like a decent buy in retrospect. At this time though, they're hardly a flippers delight. image
  • Options

It's anyone's guess how they will do in the aftermarket, I think. I have seen numerous pre-sales for these and if the mint puts a limit on them then these dealers may have to pay up to fill orders. Or maybe not. All I know is that my set will always have a hole where the 2009 should go.

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options

Would buy a 4 piece set if the money was there but not this year.So I intend to buy a half and a quarter ounce when they go on sale.Maybe even a tenth ounce if I can.Then look to the after market next year for the ounce.

Why??? because they are gold and I dont have any proof GAE s.I dont see a huge downside to buying these,or a huge upside for that matter.JMHO
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not for me. I have enough gold for now (wow, does anyone REALLY have enough gold?) image Just not buying in an up market. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a 1/10 or a quarter, maybe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file