Home Sports Talk

Say "Hello" to the NFC East first place Philadelphia Eagles

stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, it's early but I'll take it. At least the Eagles with Vick seem competitive this season.

The Eagles have a young team so they should get better as the season wears on.

Still a long way to go.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stand that piece of garbage Vick but he is clearly a better QB than Kolb and the Eagles have an opportunity to win that division.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't stand that piece of garbage Vick but he is clearly a better QB than Kolb and the Eagles have an opportunity to win that division. >>

I agree with ya...I will never like Vick personally, but as long as he is in an Eagles uniform, and during the games, I'm gonna root for the Eagles to win, and so that would include Vick having a good season.

For me, i've always been able to separate the player's personal life from the game...I admire their athletic talents and enjoy the games and the competition, but the athletes personal lives mean little to me. I've never been impressed or attracted to celebrities. I'm not knocking those who do, but one time I had breakfast at the Friars Club in LA back in the 70's, and of course everyone is oogling the movie stars and celebrities who were there dining...while I was busy helping myself to more eggs and pancakes at the buffet. LOL

What Vick did was repugnant, despicable and unacceptable...and I would have rather NOT had the Eagles sign him, but they did sign him and so that's that, and I'm gonna root for my team to win.
    Steve,

That sums up pretty well how I'd feel if a similar player were playing for the Jets. Case in point, tonight Edwards was suspended for the 1st Q for the DUI he was charged with this week and many thought that penalty was too light, but when he came back in to the game his first catch was a long TD. Like you, I don't care personally about these players...I just want my team to win.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Steve,

That sums up pretty well how I'd feel if a similar player were playing for the Jets. Case in point, tonight Edwards was suspended for the 1st Q for the DUI he was charged with this week and many thought that penalty was too light, but when he came back in to the game his first catch was a long TD. Like you, I don't care personally about these players...I just want my team to win. >>

Frankly, Vick's behavior towards animals is in the upper echelon of despicable, and I don't think kids should be taught to look at athletes as role models. The man or woman who gets up each work day, busts their arse on the job, and brings home money to feed and take care of their families, that to me is a role model, not some pampered millionaire snob athlete. So in that context, I root for Vick during the game and that's it, and if there is ever an Eagles Super Bowl parade with him as the quarterback, I'll give him a cheer for bringing me the pleasure of a championship...but that's where it ends for me and Michael Vick.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and if there is ever an Eagles Super Bowl parade with him as the quarterback, I'll give him a cheer for bringing me the pleasure of a championship...but that's where it ends for me and Michael Vick. >>

<< <i>

<< <i>and if there is ever an Eagles Super Bowl parade with him as the quarterback, I'll give him a cheer for bringing me the pleasure of a championship...but that's where it ends for me and Michael Vick. >>

image >>

<< and if there is ever an Eagles Super Bowl parade with him as the quarterback, I'll give him a cheer for bringing me the pleasure of a championship...but that's where it ends for me and Michael Vick. >>

Have a double...on me. Entertain and enjoy yourself. LOL
    That Garabaldi character is a really funny guy..

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't stand that piece of garbage Vick but he is clearly a better QB than Kolb and the Eagles have an opportunity to win that division. >>

No chit -- looks like the Giants and 'Skins SUCK, and who knows how good the Cowboys are.

<< <i>That Garabaldi character is a really funny guy.. >>

Funny how?.....
    Like a clown?

I'm here to amuse you??

<< <i>Funny how?..... >>

I am funny, but not as funny as this thread.
    What's funny about it?.....

<< <i>Like a clown?

I'm here to amuse you?? >>

We may have to tell Garabaldi to go home and get his shine box. image

<< <i>What's funny about it?..... >>

That after three games we are saying "Hello" to the first place Eagles.

<< <i>

<< <i>What's funny about it?..... >>

That after three games we are saying "Hello" to the first place Eagles. >>

Yea, but for sure, I ain't making any Super Bowl parade plans.....yet. image
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    For the Eagles fans- If you didn't watch it on Sunday, go find yourself a VHS of the Saints/Falcons game. One of those 2 will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. Forget about the Vikes. Green Bay is Green Bay. Dallas isn't close, Phili isn't close, and the G Men aren't even close to being close.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.