Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tommy John for Strasburg

Ouch

WASHINGTON — The Washington Nationals say star rookie Stephen Strasburg has a “significant tear” in his elbow ligament and probably will have Tommy John surgery.

General manager Mike Rizzo said Friday that an enhanced MRI taken a day earlier revealed the extent of the injury to the right elbow.

The 22-year-old right-hander will travel to the West Coast for a second opinion. But Rizzo says he anticipates Strasburg will require surgery, ruling him out for 12 to 18 months.

The news brings an abrupt halt to Strasburg’s promising first season. He struck out 14 batters in his major league debut in June. Strasburg is 5-3 with a 2.91 ERA and 92 strikeouts in 68 innings.
Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i would hate to be all those people paying top dollar for those RC's?

can you say crash like Oct of 1929??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    ouch some one lost 17,000 bucks.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    post title sounded like a trade
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    i hate that the kid is hurt, but i LOVE that the suckers get BURNED shelling out cash for a high risk pitching prospect. fools.
  • Options
    That's really a shame for Steve (who got spanked by the Marlins) to have to go through the whole surgery, rehab and doubt about his future at such a young age. As for the speculators of his rookie cards, serves them right for being stupid enough to throw that kind of money at an unsure investment.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    I'm dissapointed b/c I was looking forward to a Nolan Ryan like presence in baseball. Randy Johnson had his years of nirvana but never had the panache that Ryan had. Strasburg had that unique air building around him in the public mind.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Just saw the news. Bummer for Stras and collectors. Wonder if his Bowman Chrome autos will still go for a premium? Looks like we will have to wait for October to find out.
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Dibble shot his mouth off a bit too soon when he said that the kid should just "suck it up".
  • Options
    well the investors can throw all their money at aroldis chapmen now.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm dissapointed b/c I was looking forward to a Nolan Ryan like presence in baseball. Randy Johnson had his years of nirvana but never had the panache that Ryan had. Strasburg had that unique air building around him in the public mind. >>

Not to mention that Randy Johnson is a pure douchebag
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>well the investors can throw all their money at aroldis chapmen now. >>

there's more than one?!?? imageimage
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I'll trade you a Strasburg for a '67 Tommy John.