Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Good Deal? 1887 N28 Allen & Ginter Adrian Cap Anson PSA 5

eBay Link

You guys think this is a good deal? Can't find much pricing data for this card, but seemed like a reasonable price for the card in this condition. What do you think? Thanks!!
I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!

Comments

• Don't know about pricing on 1887 N28's, but that is one sweet looking PSA 5 and deserves a review might bump to 5.5 or a 6.
    If that was a common player and not a HOFer , I bet it would have graded a 6. truly a rare card and if I had the money I would have bid on it.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    nice card
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. You rock!!
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    For a 5, its not the best looking example, the registration is way off.

Otherwise, Price looks normal to me.

The N28s are very very common for the era, and there is only 10 baseball players (7 HOFers) out of the 50 cards in the set.
    They survive well too, they are lithographed (not real photos like N172's), and the stock is thick and sturdy. edges are white so dont show chipping (unlike N300's)

Thats the main reasons they are not 5 figure in higher grade.
    Higher grade is not that rare for the issue.

example to compare the registration with
  • stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Good point on the registration, I didn't notice that at first look.
  • dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Thanks for the background info. Beautiful card you scanned.

I agree that the registration is way off -- probably partly responsible for the grade... I figured it was worth the price for a 123 year old card of one of the best players of the era in a respectable grade...

Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something that the brain trust on these boards could see!! Thanks again for all your help!!!