Home Sports Talk

Sick & Tired of Hall Of Fame talk for everyone who retires...

Oh boy. Here we go again. A guy with a decent career record on the field & in the dugout retires and guess what? Same ol' story, some clown at S.I. believes he should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Click here to read the (weak) case for Lou Piniella

Comments

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh boy. Here we go again. A guy with a decent career record on the field & in the dugout retires and guess what? Same ol' story, some clown at S.I. believes he should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Click here to read the (weak) case for Lou Piniella >>

One World Series championship and a major choke job in 2001 is a HOF-level resume? Hardly. And he's not anywhere close as a player.

Tabe
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Oh boy. Here we go again. A guy with a decent career record on the field & in the dugout retires and guess what? Same ol' story, some clown at S.I. believes he should be in the Hall Of Fame.

Click here to read the (weak) case for Lou Piniella >>

One World Series championship and a major choke job in 2001 is a HOF-level resume? Hardly. And he's not anywhere close as a player.

Tabe >>

Why was 2001 a major choke? What should he have done differently?
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke! image I love to watch him throw bases, stomp on the plate, do his karate moves as he is walking back to the dugout, invite the umps to their mom's house for an exciting evening after the game perhaps....but no, NOT a HOFer in my opinion!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Didn't read the Article ... I like Lou ... but a Hall of Famer? Come on ... NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a joke! image I love to watch him throw bases, stomp on the plate, do his karate moves as he is walking back to the dugout, invite the umps to their mom's house for an exciting evening after the game perhaps....but no, NOT a HOFer in my opinion! >>

Just thinking about Lou's 'karate' moves made me laugh out loud.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nah I don't think so.

The guy does make an argument though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why was 2001 a major choke? What should he have done differently? >>

Winning 116 games - the most consistent regular season of any team EVER - and then not making the World Series? That's a choke by any measure. They barely snuck by a only-pretty-good Cleveland team and then got crushed in 5 by a Yankees team that won 21 fewer games. So, yeah, that's a choke.

Tabe
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Ralph Houk who just passed away belongs in the Hall before Sweet Lou.....he wasn't as flamboyant but his teams always were tough, even when he managed teams other than the Yanks.

al.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    What al said.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items