Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is your expectation of Walkthrough

GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
When you send a package to our hosts Walk through ($125 secure plus), at what point do you start getting aggravated about them sitting on your coins? Sent them a package that they received on 6/24 that is still sitting. Sent another walk through package they received 6/25 and they arrived back here today? How does this make sense? Is there a queue or is there just no logic?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found they are unfazed by aggravation, which is unfortunate from a customer service standpoint.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    The two times I have submitted coins for clients under the $125 "secure Plus" walkthrough service it has taken approximately a week - the coins were ready 5 business days after the day they were submitted.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    If the first one takes longer than the second one I would wonder if there is a question or consultation required on the first coin. I wouldn't interpret it as necessarily bad news. If I knew what the coin was I would start asking myself what might be causing the graders need a second check. Of course the first thing that would cross my mind would be a major upgrade....--JErry
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You called to inquire?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Monday they said Tuesday. Tuesday early afternoon they said if they are not done by 6PM CST call them and find out whats up. At 6 they said should be done within the hour. This morning they said by the end of today. Each time they said they would "email operations" which I translate as them not doing anything.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>If the first one takes longer than the second one I would wonder if there is a question or consultation required on the first coin. I wouldn't interpret it as necessarily bad news. If I knew what the coin was I would start asking myself what might be causing the graders need a second check. Of course the first thing that would cross my mind would be a major upgrade....--JErry >>

Jerry, my guess is that you're reading way too much into this.image Chances are greater that it is merely non-uniform turnaround times which are responsible.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If the first one takes longer than the second one I would wonder if there is a question or consultation required on the first coin. I wouldn't interpret it as necessarily bad news. If I knew what the coin was I would start asking myself what might be causing the graders need a second check. Of course the first thing that would cross my mind would be a major upgrade....--JErry >>

Jerry, my guess is that you're reading way too much into this.image Chances are greater that it is merely non-uniform turnaround times which are responsible. >>

It is a ex:Bass coin so likely anyone buying it would notice the upgrade. Sending it for SP was almost entirely a very expensive reholder. Not really expecting a plus, MAYBE a cameo
  • Options
    Well I just talked to the grading room manager and she said that the coins are on hold because David Hall has to personally finalize the coins and that he has not been to the grading room all week.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I just talked to the grading room manager and she said that the coins are on hold because David Hall has to personally finalize the coins and that he has not been to the grading room all week. >>

And there you have it... the real reason...

...the grading room manager is a woman... women are always late... imageimage
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well I just talked to the grading room manager and she said that the coins are on hold because David Hall has to personally finalize the coins and that he has not been to the grading room all week. >>

And there you have it... the real reason...

...the grading room manager is a woman... women are always late... imageimage >>

Bomb tosser!image
    Paul
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    How much for a "RUN THROUGH "?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file