Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Long Run Over

Due to recent onset of severe medical conditions I'm no longer collecting.
I only have the option to dispose of my my collection, mostly minors dating 1700+.
I'm a collector by country, denomination, date so have quite a few linear series in the regard.
If similar collectors are looking to fill holes I may likely be of help. Any other requests welcome as well.
Some special pieces and sets will eventually go on Ebay.
If anyone wants to make a full offer on the whole 16,000 piece collection that's fine too although there will be another too.
I've got al the coins organized and on Excel.
Brad Swain
Christiansburg, VA

Also, If anyone is confused or put of by the lists of coins I had to offer that I left the pricing off of them it is because I have not updated those in years. I would at least have to recheck those and see what I paid for them to be able to feel like I'm giving another collector a good deal and not just selling like a dealer or at high spot. Believe me I want to enjoy I want to see someone that enjoys collecting, enjoy collecting!
Brad
Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to here that things are not going well. Had a stent put in my heart a year ago and have considered doing the same. Good Luck in your redistribution of your collection.image
  • Options
    OchoRealesOchoReales Posts: 1,500
    So sorry to hear about your health issues. I am fighting off lung cancer so, my heart goes out to you. Best wishes.

If you have any high grade Bolivia (pre-1900), please PM me.
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Hope things turn around for you. PM of my interests sent

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry about your health problems.

I sent you a PM (private message) also.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your health, Brad. image
  • Options
    Now that is terrible news.

We'll all be hoping and praying that things go well for you Brad.

I would be remiss not to acknowledge that what little I know about attributing world coins stems from what I learned from you.

Roy

• Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

So sorry to hear about your health issues Brad but wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Brad. At age 79 and notorious for not taking care of my health, I'm on
    borrowed time as well and expect to be passing on my "stuff" to the grand kids before very many
    more ticks of the clock as you seem to be doing here and I wish you the best.

No real regrets though. It's been a great run image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    My prayers are with you.

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Brad, my best wishes for you in this difficult time.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Brad,

My prayers go out to you. I have noticed your decreased participation lately, and had often wondered how you were doing. I fondly remember back in the day when we seemed to have an on-going challenge to be the quickest to whip out the old Krause and get an ID posted.

PM sent, as well.

Scott
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope the health issues improve quickly

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Which old-timer can forget how fast Brad is on the draw?! He could have a coin ID within 2 minutes of someone posting.

Brad, I'm really sorry to hear of your health issues and will be praying for your return to perfect health and happiness. Take care, buddy!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear it, Brad. Hope the health issue is resolved soon and favorably.
  • Options
    I truly appreciate the sincere and well appreciated thoughts of my respected colleagues here!
    I've had a colectomy, am on chemo therapy for stage4 liver cancer, which has been lost me about 30 pounds and looking like skin and bones with about that much energy. Outta work and on short term disability gives me much time to enjoy the World Cup, the ceiling and every commercial ever made though.
    I do concentrate on answering questions on AllExperts.com as best as I can though.
    I'm in slow motion, no appetite, and can't go out in the sun but I'm still hangin' in there. October is the next evaluation.
    Anyway, still hangin',
    Brad
    Brad Swain

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Brad,
    Very sorry to hear the full story. All the best with the recovery, and I hope the sale of the collection provides some fun moments. A 16,000 piece collection is an extraordinary accomplishment.
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    This is truely sad news - you are one of the board's experts on everything in the world coin realm. Your almost instant ID of every coin posted for ID help has alwaays been impressive.

Shep
  • Options
    sorry to hear about this Brad - I will keep you in my prayers!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Hang in there Brad. Cancer got my Brother in his late 40's. So when you beat it, give it an extra kick from me. All the best.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I wish you the best Brad...
    Jim
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishing you the best in these challenging times.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Brad, I just saw this linked off the other thread. I am so sorry to hear this. I lost my dad to cancer back in 2002, I was only 17 at the time.

I'm hoping for the best for you!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Brad pls. keep a positive attitude. Things might not look it now but Decide to be Happy each day. Yes Decide to fight and be healthy once again. Decide to take little steps towards your goals... Your Mind is a powerful thing!!! Don't give up Brad! We will pray for your good health and quick recovery.

Sincerely,

Joe

( EL Nido ,Palawan Philippines )

• Options
    MAN, THAT is my dream location!!!
    Brad Swain

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Hi Brad,

I have not been around much of late and had no idea that you were sick, I am very sorry to hear it. I joined the forums just a short time after you did back in 2001, so anytime I think of these forums and the fun we all used to have here, well you were always a big part of that. I also think of you as the guy who would have coin IDs posted in response to questions before any of the rest of us could figure out where we left the Krause books. In fact I can remember thinking "this guy must have Krause commited to memory."

You will be in my thoughts and prayers my friend!

Michael
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    CollectorBobCollectorBob Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Brad, you are to be strong and brave, for yourself and the ones who dearly love you! Never, *NEVER* feel defeated. In our prayers...

--Boman.
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Get well soon Brad. We're all pulling for you.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    BTW, Brad, that link to your coin list does not see to work.
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to read that you are ill.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the news. I agree with the poster above saying that the mind is a very positive tool.
  • Options
    Get well soon... Like the Philippine Eagle on your avatar, you'll will soar and conquer your illness.
  • Options
    Still hangin' in there, day by day. Needin' to sell this collection mostly as a whole 'cause it has so many minors they'd never sell if I sold all the good stuff first. image No energy or time to do the Ebay thing. Hopefully will get 30% of its worth.
    Anyway, I truly appreciate everyone's good wishes and prayers! I'm off chemo cause they say its not workin' but right now. I'm holdin' my own, mostly restin' horizontal but tryin' to get other things slowly done.
    My website is mostly down because my ISP jerked my 25 megs of space down to 10 which eliminated most of the pics. I'd hate for all that info to be history so if anyone wants me to send it to them so they can put on their site thats fine with me.
    Brad
    Brad Swain

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad- your encyclopedic knowledge will be missed. I do hope you'll still be around periodically, and that your physical condition improves or stabilizes. I realize there ain't a single one of us that are getting any younger, though.

I've put the hobby (and the Internet) on a back burner myself, lately- this is my first visit to the forums in over two months- and I'm downsizing considerably, having sold off one of my display cases at the antique mall. It's lost some of its luster for me, I guess, and I've thought of quitting. But I'm not quite ready to hang my hat up altogether.

Here's hopin' you stay as well as possible, and as happy as possible under your difficult circumstances.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad:

Here's hoping that your physical condition improves or stabilizes!!

In the meantime, do live each day to the fullest!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    Brad-like you I have cancer. Fortunately it is not one of the painful ones. Just not one of the curable ones as yet. Keep a positive attitude and enjoy life to the fullest for as long as you have left. None of us lives forever. I don't know you personally but after reading the previous posts you have been a dynamite person on this forum. Fight it to the end
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    Brad-like you I have cancer.

olmanjon, I wish you a successful fight.
  • Options
    DaltonistaDaltonista Posts: 354 ✭✭
    Just tuning in on this thread for the first time.
    You both have my sincere wishes for the best possible outcomes.
    Just try to keep those cups half full!
    Tom
    I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    My best thoughts are with the both of you too
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am hearing that Brad has lost his battle with cancer image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    RIP Brad....
  • Options
    Brad will be missed here. image
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Very sad news indeed. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    RIP, brother. We will never get over your loss.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    I just received a message from Brads fiancé LeeAnn. She has been trying to find a way to post on Collectors Universe "that it is with deep regret that I inform his friends on this site that he passed away of cancer Thursday, August 19th.

Brad was a man who lived to help others with coins, he bought, sold and loved the hobby. "

I am very sorry to hear about Brad passing. Although I didn't know him personally I had spoken to him several times on Collectors universe forums.
    He was a true gent who went out of his way to help others with the hobby.

Although I knew he was suffering from cancer and unwell this news still has came as a shock to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and friends.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... What a loss image

My thoughts are with his family.
  • Options
    olmanjonolmanjon Posts: 1,187
    My condolences to Brad's fiance and family. May he rest in peace now.
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this....my prayers are with his family....RIP.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.