Home Precious Metals
Options

Congratulations to gold - New all time highs! $2400+!!!

Comments

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over $1448!
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Not only that, it cleared $1448, too!image
  • Options
    Finally over $1450!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ON the move... $1460....
  • Options

Precious metals are only 1% of global financial assets. In 1980 and in the Great Depression this number was 20-25%. If you think gold and silver are bubbles I want you to meditate on this fact. You probably don't own any gold coins, silver bars, or baskets of mining stocks, and neither do your neighbors or relatives I would wager. You still might not buy if you're real stubborn and don't like learning history and politics, but others WILL.

The bubble is in fiat money and soverign debt. THIS IS THE BUBBLE children.

Don't BLAB about it to ANYONE when you get physical. Secure it and safeguard it like Houdini crossed with Al Capone. When you get some in your hand you might start to appreciate it more than you realize now.

Central banks and fiat PAPER are central planks from Karl Marx's COMMUNIST MANIFESTO people. Wake up. We are in economic hell. Your govt and the central bankers that own it and send your kids to THEIR WARS are laughing at you while the spit on you and kick sand in your face. Don't lie to yourself and deny this. See you at $2000 gold and $75 silver folks and then a hard "correction" where the next batch of top callers and gold haters will emerge proving how smart and correct they are ROFL
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    I see the dollar index is way down. The last time it was this low gold shot up and broke $1400 for the first time.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Now $1475+!
  • Options
    Now 1485+!
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    imageimage GBG!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    On fire this morning! 1500 imminent
  • Options
    $1500 is here!!!!
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    quite a milestone, anyone would have to agree.

but, think about it, how can one "congratulate" an inanimate object?

Did gold "do" something for which a lump of metal should be congratulated? Or is it certain human beings we're congratulating in this thread?

Ourselves maybe, for owning some of the yellow metal? image Congratulations to YOU and to ME! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Dance time............imageimage
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see so I don't know if it happened. image I see that spike on Kitco though.
  • Options
    Up nicely tonight, over 1515!
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Up nicely tonight, over 1515! >>

I have pay less attention to the price of silver. Gold at an all time high is no small matter.
  • Options
    New highs today! 1520+!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And right before BB speaks on TV....oh the humanity!

Seems that trading a 100 oz JM bar for 3 AGE's might not have been the sucker bet some thought it was. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Didnt Sinclair say something about $1600 this year??image
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    $1,523.20
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • Options
    There we go.... $1525
  • Options
    $1,527.80
  • Options
    $1,530.80
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed the more Ben talked today, the higher silver and gold went. I don't think that he followed the script.

Pretty neat seeing that ATH "orange box" around the gold price on CNBC the entire time Ben was talking. You'd think the CNBC honchos could have figured out
    a way to "defuse" the orange highlights during the news conference.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>It seemed the more Ben talked today, the higher silver and gold went. I don't think that the followed the script.

Pretty neat seeing that ATH "orange box" around the gold price on CNBC the entire time Ben was talking. You'd think the CNBC honchos could have figured out
    a way to "defuse" the orange highlights during the news conference. >>

The dip that started Monday was technically very much needed, but it also lined up well to provide a nice pullback to give shorts a chance to get out. I think the markets might have hedged a surprise move by Bernake to cut QE or raise rates, but once it became clear this wasn't going to happen, the markets have now returned to the regularly scheduled program. Within a month I predict we'll be at $1580 gold and within a week $52 silver.
  • Options
    Inching higher, hitting over 1535...
  • Options
    Over 1540 this morning!
  • Options
    $1,541.10
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intra day highs don't count....image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Intra-day highs are all time highs, so I think they do count...

Stopped just $.10 shy of $1550.00
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Intra-day highs are all time highs, so I think they do count...

Stopped just $.10 shy of $1550.00 >>

Not anymore. $1550.80
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funds maybe painting a picture. Last trading day of April. DP- is that the bid or the ask? I think it's the ask.
    Anyways, probably going higher regardless. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>Not anymore. $1550.80 >>

Not in futures or any market I can trade (unless you can provide more info)... but the YG (mini contract) did hit 1550.00
  • Options
    $1550+ printed now. MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Now $1555+!
  • Options
    En Fuego! $1560+
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Looks like we're getting back to the old days. Silver ran and now it's gold turn. Platinum may be next if a correction doesn't happen first.
  • Options
    Interesting how gold and silver are not talking to each other these days.......
  • Options
    New ATH at 1575+ (1577.4), but a quick fall under 1560 has developed...
  • Options
    Upon further review.........
  • Options
    Time to dust this thread off... new ATH this morning.
  • Options
    Buy the high, buy the middle, buy the low. It doesn't matter, they'll all be taken out in the future anyway.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the high, buy the middle, buy the low. It doesn't matter, they'll all be taken out in the future anyway.

Yup.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    smoeone needs to send gold the memo that this is the summer

MJ
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>smoeone needs to send gold the memo that this is the summer

MJ >>

The drunken Bernank in board shorts with a QE3 Mai Tai in his hairy hand is what makes summer so exciting for the PM's MJ!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such great fun to watch... silver moving up well along with the gold... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1,600 looks like a slam dunk while the D's and the R's fight it out on debt.
  • Options