Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Know the Bing rules on ebay before you buy your PCGS coins

Just though I would share some info that Bing just sent me on a claim I filed. I was not aware there was a time limit on each sesion or that only one coin could be bought each session. I'm Only out $12.00.

Though I would pass on this info as an FYI. Please TTT on comment on this post a few times for a few days so members do not lose out as I did when buying PCGS coins on Ebay through Bing.com

When it works, Its great. Especially when its a buy in now is on sale. Up to $200 off on a Buy it Now PCGS graded coin a great deal.

PQ

Bing Cashback Offer rules for Ebay

Comments

• Options
    Yes, it's always been one hour.

Did you notice if the "Cashback" icon was visible during your late purchase. I assume it was not.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a coin I want to buy but there is no cash back for eBay that I can find now.
    So I guess we all miss out right now.
  • Options
    A more important thing to know is that while their is a $4500 lifetime cap ($2500 a year) on the amount of money you can receive...you are limted to something like 40 transactions in the life time of your bing cashback account. So if you don't realize this like me and you use bingcash back on $5 BIN etc...you will exhaust the 40 transaction before you get even a fraction of the total available....in my case $408 bucks and now I am locked out permanently image
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    I don't like to be a complainer. So this is not a complaint. It is an observation.

Lots of folks complain about useless posts on CU. eBay posts. GTG posts. You name it, someone will complain.

Man, I find these 'bing' posts to really grate on me. Okay. Please, nobody in this thread take anything i've said personally. Go on as you were. I just hate Bing and think the whole thing is monumentally stupid.

Thank you, I feel better now.
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have signed up for the bing account and clicked the ebay sponsored link but I have found nothing with the gold circle for sale that's eligible for cash back. Is it limited to cetain coins/sellers?

According to the bing site, ebay is NOT a cashback vendor!
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it limited to cetain coins/sellers? >>

It is on BIN only.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it limited to cetain coins/sellers? >>

It is on BIN only. >>

Yes I understand the buy-it-now but I have not seen the gold circle and have looked at many listings. Maybe it takes time once you sign up to when you'll see cashback items?
  • Options
    I've tried many phrases this morning on Bing.com and no eBay cashback icon has appeared. If anyone knows one, please share it! image
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    silver kookaburra worked for me this morning.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silver kookaburra is the search word of the day

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    When I do an advanced search in Ebay there is a selection criteria under 'show results' for " Items eligible for Microsoft Cashback" but for me I cannot select it and it is not highlighted as a selection. Maybe because I just signed up for a Bing account and it takes time for the systems to sync. before I am completely eligible. I'll try again in the morning.

Yup, I was just a bit too fast for the mainframes. I got the symbol on my screen now. It's in green with a red 8% flag....shop away
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Or canon ef
    Easier to spell image
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just though I would share some info that Bing just sent me on a claim I filed. I was not aware there was a time limit on each sesion or that only one coin could be bought each session. I'm Only out $12.00.

Though I would pass on this info as an FYI. Please TTT on comment on this post a few times for a few days so members do not lose out as I did when buying PCGS coins on Ebay through Bing.com

When it works, Its great. Especially when its a buy in now is on sale. Up to $200 off on a Buy it Now PCGS graded coin a great deal.

PQ

Bing Cashback Offer rules for Ebay >>

I let this happen to me once inadvertently and I contacted the seller and he/she was kind enough to cancel that purchase and let me BIN again with bing.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>silver kookaburra is the search word of the day >>

I see it now...but how do you know what the 'word of the day is' and what in the heck is silver kookaburra?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>silver kookaburra is the search word of the day >>

I see it now...but how do you know what the 'word of the day is' and what in the heck is silver kookaburra? >>

This is how you know
  • Options

<< <i>what in the heck is silver kookaburra? >>

Aussie bullion coin.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>what in the heck is silver kookaburra? >>

Aussie bullion coin. >>

You cheeseheads rule! Go Brett - I Think or is he the enemy now?
  • Options
    PQTypePQType Posts: 471
    Hello, Sometimes if you go to Bing and search "PCGS Coin" then reseach on one of the coins that come up, I will stay with the 8% cashback page/screen. It worked for me a couple of times. I wonder if this worked for others?

Update, I just checked it and its not working today!!
  • Options
    ronsrons Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Drawing a blank this evening as wellimage
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Drawing a blank this evening as wellimage >>

likewise ... same sos todayimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Does Bing work with a Mac?-------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Bing work with a Mac?-------BigE >>