Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FS: 1911 $10 Indian head gold coin - PCGS MS-61

I am selling a beautiful 1911 $10 indian gold eagle, certified pcgs ms-61

Very nice coin, problem-free in older PCGS holder.... Looks Premium quality

Price: $800, shipped. I accept paypal.

Email me at: walski54@yahoo.com

Comments

• Still for sale.... Reasonable offers will be considered...

Photo added/
  • nice pic and somewhat tempting too I might add!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you post an image of the reverse image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a nice Eagle for the grade and not a bad price.
  • timrutnattimrutnat Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm interested but a new member who uses two different email addresses in two different posts and then sends me yet another email address to confirm a price just isn't a big confidence builder.
  • I bought it....and I sent you payment sir! image
  • I have not yet received this coin from the seller? image
  • 2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have not yet received this coin from the seller? image >>

Keep us informed, please. Has the seller been in contact with you?
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    About 16 days and nothing. Not good. Hope he comes through.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>About 16 days and nothing. Not good. Hope he comes through. >>

That sucks. I inquired to purchase the coin and he never wrote me back.
    I hope it all works out for you.
  • nederveitnederveit Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    I too inquired, and asked about a trade, and also did not receive a response.

Yes, please keep us posted. Once I had a fairly prominent board member go rogue, and eventually, I was covered by another board member who was close to this person, and was trying to help him out.

My point is the "power of the board."
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully you get it all worked out.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hope you used paypal. I'd fill for non-delivery they usually hold funds for awhile.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it the moment it was originally posted, saw the seller was a new member, and decided it was best to PASS. image
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had thoughts about purchasing the coin too... But I could not afford it at the time. Good luck !!!
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hope you used paypal. I'd fill for non-delivery they usually hold funds for awhile. >>

If you paid with paypal (hopefully) and used your credit card (hopefully), I would definitely notify paypal and my credit card company ASAP.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an offer for cash, he insisted on 15 dollars more and only via paypal, I told him that made no sense at all since the paypal fees were more than 15 dollars, and now I am glad I didnt pursue it. Hope it gets worked out.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would never purchase a coin from someone who I do not know well from the Coin Forum. That does not completely protect you (wingedliberty and BigD5 come to mind), but it's a reasonable starting point for the vetting process.
    Member MilesWaits actually mentioned the horse and pony show he attended with this seller trying to acquire this coin, then reedited and deleted his post on this BST ad on April 21, 2010.
  • Filing with paypal dispute
    my credit card company
    Called the FBI and they will investigate
    and internet commerce folk wont like this either.
    He will eventually be caught-I will call these agencies weekly to update and motivate!image
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    File a report with your local law enforcement agency also. It might provide some weight toward petitioning for a subpoena to obtain the sellers' ID from his ISP's.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I made an offer for cash, he insisted on 15 dollars more and only via paypal, I told him that made no sense at all since the paypal fees were more than 15 dollars, and now I am glad I didnt pursue it. Hope it gets worked out. >>

Sure sign of a scam. With cash payment he would have had to give you his name and address. With paypal payment he remains anonymous to you but hopefully not to paypal. They can track him down electronically through his withdrawal of funds.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    PayPal, eBay, and other accounts are often stolen, via "phishing." I saw a Web site one time where they were bought and sold. Even if PayPal gives you the information, your only lead might be the legitimate account holder, not to the thief. You can try calling them at 1-866-648-5872 . Good luck!
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate seeing threads like these. While informative, it's just really bad publicity for the BST forum of which Ive done countless clean transactions with others. Hopefully this one bad apple wont spoil the bunch. Sorry for the cliche.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• << <i>File a report with your local law enforcement agency also. It might provide some weight toward petitioning for a subpoena to obtain the sellers' ID from his ISP's. >>

This is what you want to do. It's really one of the best ways to proceed for going forward legally.

Best of luck to you.
  • it's a civil crime to them so they won't do anything.
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    I buy and sell on another coin forum and they had a scam recently also. BST rules there were changed to "protect the innocent".

Best of luck in getting your funds returned.

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it's a civil crime to them so they won't do anything. >>

I dont think that is right. If it involves the post office and fraud/theft you have a case. I had a similar issue on another forum (not coins). The guy got me for 600. Others up to 4k. He ended up in jail until his home was forced to be sold, money to the state and then it paid us back. I was amazed. try explaining that one to the wife. The court also said he could not use a computer for 4 years.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Yes but no post office.......................Paypal !image
  • I RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK FROM PAYPAL THEN MY CREDIT UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimage

pAYPAL REJECT THE TRANSACTION AFTER A BUNCH OF BOLOGNA CAUSE THE GUY SET UP A SUSPICIOUS ACCOUNT!

I am thankful to God for restoring my confidence in the "system" we all have to kneel to! anyone who tried to help me as well,Thank You for the information!
    imageimageimage
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Congratulations, that's wonderful news!

I hope our host's will ban him. Please keep the BST safe.
  • PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
    This is excellent news! I hope this scumbag gets prosecuted.

The BST is a great place to buy and sell, lets keep it that way folks image
    "It is what it is."
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great to hear you received your money back!image
  • BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Know this must be a Relief !!

Perhaps the CU should implement some sort of "ID Verify" on all NEW accounts B4 approving membership.....
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I work in corrections and can tell you 1st hand that the FEDS are putting people in prison for eBay & Paypal fraud. image

EDITED: Not just the BIG crooks. I recently had one who sold, but didn't deliver, a $1000 watch.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's alot of $$$ to be gambling on one coin...
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought it....and I sent you payment sir! >>

I'm glad you got your money back, but I have a question: did you just send the payment without contacting the seller?
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.