Home Precious Metals

North Metro Gold & Coins, Lawrenceville GA

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody heard of this shop in Lawrenceville GA?

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    No who's the owners? Looks legit to me.

Texthttp://www.northmetrogoldncoins.com/
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea, I found the website too.

Called up and the guy said he'd be open tomorrow, planning on swinging by. This is just a few minutes from my place so hopefully I'll have a decent report. All the other places around are a 30+minute drive, local would be nice.
    Don Paschal is the owner I believe. That name ring a bell to anyone?
    Alright, here's the plan.

I have like 4 or 5 or six or seven silver rounds (not sure at this moment, can't remember). I want to say Universaro or something along those lines. Got these back in the day around $6-6.50/ea.

The plan for tomorrow is to see what I can take these to the shop and trade for. Not bullion limited at all, just want to see what I can do. Bullion or coins or cash or whatever.

What's folks opinions on how they would approach this? Trade oz for oz + a few bucks for premiumish bullion (sae, maple, etc). Pitch the old money ounces for something funky? Barter for 90%????

Thoughts????

I shall report ultimately, just wanting opinions.
    So, drove around with 6oz generic that I wanted to do some trading with...could not find this place for the life of me despite 40mins or cruising. Gonnna have to call up and see if the website address is valid. Damnit.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a map on their website. Alternately, google maps seems to identify it pretty well.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
    Yes and the website map is what I was going off of. Wrong
  • Did you call them to get directions?
    Posative Transaction as Buyer: Aherensdad, cwazzy, ciccio, mkman,dropdaflag

www.NebraskaSilverCoins.com

Seller, SamByrd, HTubbs
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    sell them on the bst board...probably get more for them anyway.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
    So holy just got around to this lateness.

Found the shop this weekend. Took the 6oz silver I had up there. Small shop that stradles/shares a salon in a converted ranch house. Maybe 15'x8', just jam packed with all kinds of things from the floor to ceiling.

Guy seemed real nice and was easy to deal with. Said I wanted to trade the 6oz against 1/10 gold something or another. He gave me $1 back of spot for the silver, which I thought was fair. $17.33 or something like that. He pulled out a couple flips, 1 AGE and 1 Krug. I didn't like the look of the krug - had some copperish spot on the back - so I took the AGE at $130, for the silver + $26.

There was sooo much to look at though that I had trouble focussing on something else to buy to make the trip worthwhile. Lots of old gold, paper money, sets, graded stuff, etc etc. I proweled around the halfs for a bit before having him grab me a 1976 proof ike, ICQ graded pr69dcam. I can't see a hit on it, it's all shiny and big, and he had it stickered for $25. Thought that was fair and said I'd take it. Big fan of halfs and ikes as I like to use them as tips. I didn't have a proof Ike in the mix so now I do.

Told me to just make it $50, plunked it down, figured that the gold saved me $25-30 over an APMEX order total so the price was alright by me. Free Ike by my logic.

I will be buying my gold from him and not online (unless bst here). This was my first gold (have a 1/10 kangaroo on the way too!). I did spy a nice Indian that I might save up for.

All in all very nice. Said he'd been there for 17 years or so. Glad I found it.

Pics later after work, or maybe when my Roo and my Libertad proof set show up I'll do it all at once.

to add: I was in those silvers at $5/oz.