Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver shot "bar"

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is really, really, really, really stupid.

Yet kind of cool. image

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I saw something just kinda like that at a coin store near me. I had the same reaction.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Why doesn't shot get any love?
    imageRIP
  • Options

<< <i>Why doesn't shot get any love? >>

One of the reasons coins were invented was have a pre-agreed upon weight and purity of metals for exchange. It's been so successful that it lasted 2500 years into our technological age.

Bullion, ideally, identifies itself with metal, weight, purity, and source, which aids in its acceptance (trust).

Shot addresses none of these. It's impractical. It's unfamiliar. It has no pre-weighed, standardized measure. There is no identification as to source or purity.

I'd own one of these shot bars for curiosity. But unless I was a mfg or jeweler, I wouldn't even consider owning shot. 90% offers everything shot does and more, and it addresses all of shot's shortfalls.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine dropping that plastic bar on a concrete floor and the bar shatters?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>

One of the reasons coins were invented was have a pre-agreed upon weight and purity of metals for exchange. It's been so successful that it lasted 2500 years into our technological age.

Bullion, ideally, identifies itself with metal, weight, purity, and source, which aids in its acceptance (trust).

Shot addresses none of these. It's impractical. It's unfamiliar. It has no pre-weighed, standardized measure. There is no identification as to source or purity.

I'd own one of these shot bars for curiosity. But unless I was a mfg or jeweler, I wouldn't even consider owning shot. 90% offers everything shot does and more, and it addresses all of shot's shortfalls. >>

This is the correct answer.
  • Options

<< <i>Is really, really, really, really stupid.

Yet kind of cool. image

image >>

I agree and disagree, it is really, really, really stupid and so not image
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I like it
  • Options
    I just keep thinking it would sound like a box of Raisinettes that you get at the movie theater.

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    The only thing I have good to say is that it's stackable.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Thanks for the explanation, Weiss.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I'd own one of these shot bars for curiosity. But unless I was a mfg or jeweler, I wouldn't even consider owning shot. 90% offers everything shot does and more, and it addresses all of shot's shortfalls. >>

Even if the source is 100% legit and the silver is indeed .999 ...... where is the market value for that crap? Nah .... like Weiss said, own one for the curiosity but def. not stack.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Even if the source is 100% legit and the silver is indeed .999 ...... where is the market value for that crap? Nah .... like Weiss said, own one for the curiosity but def. not stack. >>

eBay of course ! ! ! imageimage
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are neat looking. I wouldn't mind having one as a "type bar". I'm assuming their target customer is jewelers who actually use them in the jewelry manufacturing business.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.