Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sunday Tool Box of Lincoln's in 2x2's Searching

On a Dealer to Dealer sale this box sat around in the shop for quite awhile quick look by both dealers
showed all memorial reverse Lincolns. Nobody was interested in going through it I guess.
so it just got buried in the back. I bought the whole box Saturday for a song (Including the Box)
To do some searching on a quite winter Sunday morning. Found quite a few goodies photographed one so far.
Thought I would share. To maybe inspire someone who is getting weary of searching, that goodies are still out there.
Felt like a kid in a candy store all day today. image

Stew

One of the finds

Comments

• Nice find!
    Some call it an accumulation not a collection
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it was struck through a split planchet, based on the weak reverse design and the numerous parallel striations in the fields. I would weigh it and confirm it is normal weight just to be sure. Nice find, please post more interesting stuff like that as you come across it.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file