Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A nasty bug can be your "hit" for a new box of Upper Deck cards...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost hard to believe a marketing dept could come up with this.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    this is pretty cool actually...I might collect 'em
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I don't generally care for jersey, patch, relic etc. cards, but those are kind of cool.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
    i agree, they are kinda cool...but will they sell well for what they're probably priced at?...i think the answer is very likely "No".
  • kind of cool... I'd collect them at the right price!
  • tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    That card is HUGE too:

Upper Deck Blog

• << <i>four times the size of a standard baseball card (roughly 5×7) >>

That makes them a lot less cool, to me
    Tom
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The fact that it's huge makes it even nastier!

I wonder if UD caught any of those bugs that were pestering Jaba Chamberlin in the playoffs a few years ago? At least it'd be sports related.

Ooohhh, I know, how about ticks and flees picked off of famous race horses? There ya go!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I think they are stupid. Why do sports collectors want this garbage? I sure dont...if I get one, I hope there is a fool out there who wants to pay me a lot of money for it.
  • What's next? The moth from Silence of the Lambs?

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now, PITA will set up a protest march in front of Upper Deck. They will be calling for a boycott of all Upper Deck products.
    James
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    How long before they include human body parts? What if they have redemptions for organs and you can redeem and trade them online. Little Johnny got lucky and hit a Kidney redemption and was able to trade it for the Liver he needed for his transplant. The redemptions for human eyeballs would be in braille.

**This is a joke and not ment to offend anyone who is on or has family on an organ donor waiting list.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I saw this comment on another board and found my self nodding my head in complete agreement - if they can make an oversize card for an insect, why can't they do the same thing for a cut autograph?

word!

• << <i>The fact that it's huge makes it even nastier!

I wonder if UD caught any of those bugs that were pestering Jaba Chamberlin in the playoffs a few years ago? >>

great game used Bugs!

I loved this post

"2009 Goodwin Champions was released in September of 2009. 7 month wait on a redemption for something like that. No wonder I dont buy Upper Deck products anymore!!!!!!!! At least throw a random autograph on it and call it "Entographs". Now that I would of bought 10 cases of. Ohh, but then I would of had to wait another 12 months on the autograph part of the card"
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How long before they include human body parts? What if they have redemptions for organs and you can redeem and trade them online. Little Johnny got lucky and hit a Kidney redemption and was able to trade it for the Liver he needed for his transplant. The redemptions for human eyeballs would be in braille.

**This is a joke and not ment to offend anyone who is on or has family on an organ donor waiting list. >>

You could say that they already did this with the hair cards.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
    they're not gonna sell - any kid or adult who has an interest in this type of thing, already knows of various scientific hobby shops that have items such as this for sale...and ya can get the whole bug, not just an imprint or whatever the yell this is.

That being said, now that I've said it...they won't sell, and a few years from now because of that, they'll probably be worth 100 times the current selling price, and I'll have wished I had bought a lot of packs of the dam things. LOL
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    I SMASHED ONE OF THEM BUGS TODAY IN THE FRONT YARD..
    ·p_A·

• << <i>I saw this comment on another board and found my self nodding my head in complete agreement - if they can make an oversize card for an insect, why can't they do the same thing for a cut autograph?

word! >>

That is a very good question, you would think they would do it for a cut autograph long before they would do it for a bug.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • This could be huge, with the pack fillers I receive from busting wax. I'll have my sons go through the back yard, catch a few bugs, glue them onto the card, frame it with another, throw some tape over it and mail it out to anyone interested. You may get lucky and it'll still be moving! I'm out in the midwest right now so lightning bugs would be perfect. I'd number them to /25(there are a lot of them in the summer). Their 1 of 1 would be the brown recluse spider.
  • 72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Stupidest idea ever. Upper deck should be ashamed and someone should be fired over this idea. I can go in my yard and get bugs all day long. I bought baseball cards and I would expect baseball cards. Is that considered the "hit" opf the box?
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but this really bugs me. image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."