Home U.S. Coin Forum

You snooze, you lose....

So I've been selling off a bit of my collection on the BST. Been doing OK with it so far.

One item I've had posted for several weeks is an unopened, 250 count box of JQ Adams Pres coins. Was asking $300 ( I know, I'm dreaming). Had no bites on them so I thought I'd check ebay for what's going on there with Pres dollars. Surprise, they're barely going for face which means after fees, I'm probably not going to get close to $250 for my box of $250 pres bucks.

So I decide to open the box and plan on depositing them into the bank tomorrow. I pull out 2 smaller boxes and open them. Each smaller box has 10 rolls of pres bucks. Math wizard that I am, I quickly figure that there are $500 in pres bucks here...well I'll be darned...a late Xmas present.

So, I'm glad I didn't sell the unopened box on the BST, someone would have gotten that same pleasent surprise I did.

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please include me in this generous giveaway image
  • RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Were they all plain edge errors?
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I guess the big question is, did you pay $250 or $500 for it? I normally ordered the two box limit, $500, of each dollar.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once thew a five dollar bill into a tip can set out by some musicians in Haiti.
    The claves player came over to the can and, while looking heavenward, quickly rapped his claves (sticks) together over it while muttering something.

I always wondered if they found a ten in there when they counted the tips.
    steelielee I have to ask you, have any Haitian musicians come through your house lately?

• steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mon, I be hearing the beat of those steel drums...the stimulus gods shone their light on me today.....

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess the big question is, did you pay $250 or $500 for it? I normally ordered the two box limit, $500, of each dollar. >>

Does put a little damper on the story, doesn't it? But as I read it, the OP is saying he paid $250 for $500 worth of prez dollars. It's funny how the real world works. If I paid someone $250 and they sent me $500 worth of coins by mistake and I didn't let them know about it, what does that make me out to look like?

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have paid over face for it since I have plenty of inventory of graded JQAs right now but if I'd paid $250 for it and found $500 I would have sent you an additional check. --Jerry
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess the big question is, did you pay $250 or $500 for it? I normally ordered the two box limit, $500, of each dollar. >>

Since it is an unopened box the overwhelmingly likely answer is that he just forgot how many he ordered. --Jerry
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the BST @ an ask of $300 still valid imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As tough a time as I have spending my 2010 Sacs, I would not pay you a $100 for $500. image

• << <i>

Does put a little damper on the story, doesn't it? But as I read it, the OP is saying he paid $250 for $500 worth of prez dollars. It's funny how the real world works. If I paid someone $250 and they sent me $500 worth of coins by mistake and I didn't let them know about it, what does that make me out to look like?

Leo >>

These were released almost 2 years ago. Give the guy a break.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file