Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Kurt Warner, a/k/a "The Truth", has retired.

Sad to see him go. Put him in the HOF!
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    word!
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    absolutely a HOF'r
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the memories, Kurt - you will be missed. By all appearences, a man of character and integrity who lived his faith. You and the rest of the Greatest Show on Turf made it really fun to be a Rams fan. Heckuva guy to have on your fantasy team, too. image

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Agreed ... the HOF doors should be open WIDE for him! From what I have seen, also a very classy individual who does not forget where he came from.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I'm sad to see him retire, but know he's ready to move on to bigger and better things. Now I need to plan a trip to Canton in the future.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• They always say if you are good enough, they will find you some how, some way. Well we almost missed getting to see Warner play at the highest level. Makes you wonder how many others never get the chance. BTW, surefire HOFer.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm sad to see him retire, but know he's ready to move on to bigger and better things. Now I need to plan a trip to Canton in the future. >>

what are the bigger and better things?
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

For him,his charity work I would imagine.

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    great guy and fanastic athlete 100% hall of fame material!!!
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm sad to see him retire, but know he's ready to move on to bigger and better things. Now I need to plan a trip to Canton in the future. >>

what are the bigger and better things? >>

His Foundation and family.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Looks like the back could use an update.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Keep in mind that our idea of bigger and better has a pretty good chance of being completely different than what God has in mind for him. I won't turn this into a religious discussion, but Warner filters everything he does through his faith. For all we know, Kurt could find himself on some remote island living among a tribe of primitive (by our standards) people and find himself enriched beyond anything he could imagine.
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Sad to see him go. A great story.

One day there will be a movie about him.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    he'll be missed

great fantasy player and he could still sling it
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

One class act!! May the Lord bless the rest of your life.....
  • Sad to see him go but also happy he was able to go out on his own terms. Watching the news conference I was impressed with his humbleness and his obvious dedication and love for his family. He struck me as one very classy gentleman. Well done Kurt, see ya in Canton.
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Keep in mind that our idea of bigger and better has a pretty good chance of being completely different than what God has in mind for him. I won't turn this into a religious discussion, but Warner filters everything he does through his faith. For all we know, Kurt could find himself on some remote island living among a tribe of primitive (by our standards) people and find himself enriched beyond anything he could imagine. >>

Gotcha, I missed his announcement, didn't know if he made a statement of a new announcer job or something along those lines from the response.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately a class act, great story too.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    First-ballot Hall-of-Famer all the way. Count on it.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Classy is right. I hope Tebow can learn to throw like Kurt, cuz he's right there too.

"Molon Labe"

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Qb, great individual. I'd like to see him play another season, but that beating he took in the NO game may have done him in. Does this mean AZ goes forward with Matt Leinart, Geez..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot of people say that if Warner had won another Super Bowl, he'd be a HOF'er. As if Santonio Holmes dropping that pass, or Vinatieri missing that kick, somehow makes Warner a better player. The guy put up huge numbers everywhere he played and he was a WINNER. He put up big numbers on the biggest stages - top 3 Super Bowl passing games, single playoff season passing record (and #2).

Absolutely a first ballot HOF'er in my eyes.

Tabe
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorites. First ballot HOF and first class citizen.

Rev 21: 22-27
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658