Home U.S. Coin Forum

Which dealer has the largest certified inventory in the USA??

Which dealer has the largest certified coin inventory in the USA????? Anyone want to venture a guess? I will post my guess later.......

Comments

• GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    I would guess it is one of the large whosalers that people outside the business would not know about.
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    Modern Coin Mart?
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I get to include my myriad slabs worth about $3 -$8 each in the calculation? If you count sub-$10 valued coins into the question, you might be surprised just how many modern coin dealers round out the "top 10".

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would guess it is one of the large whosalers that people outside the business would not know about. >>

Inventory sizes and values fluctuate and a company that has a large inventory one day may not have many coins on hand the next day. The companies with the largest inventories tend to be dealers that do not interact with the public and are only known by established dealers. Even most of the largest submitters by volume to PCGS and NGC are companies most collectors are not familiar with.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The US Government. Vaults are full of stuff. They sell a lot to. They even
    have a license to make money.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The US Government. Vaults are full of stuff. They sell a lot to. They even
    have a license to make money. >>

But, are they slabbed? The OP specifically asked about certified inventory.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would guess it is one of the large whosalers that people outside the business would not know about. >>

Inventory sizes and values fluctuate and a company that has a large inventory one day may not have many coins on hand the next day. The companies with the largest inventories tend to be dealers that do not interact with the public and are only known by established dealers. Even most of the largest submitters by volume to PCGS and NGC are companies most collectors are not familiar with. >>

Well that's exactly what I was saying though the one the leaps to mind would be up there even with fluctuations.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suspect that the largest auction house would fit that catagory.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would suspect that the largest auction house would fit that catagory.
    image >>

I was going to mention they technically should be excluded. Heritage came to my mind first but if you browse the coins they are offering for sale, retail it is very small. But I see your point and thought of it also.
  • HSN!

Thousands upon thousands of ANACS slabbed modern crap image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    define largest

most certified coins
    highest valued inventoery

I imagine there are a few that have over 10K Morgan slabs
    and then Centorsi with the $10million King Of Siam set as a start
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just for the record- heritage has ALOT more inventory then what you see posted on their website.

and my answer is TELETRADEimageimageimage
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Coin Vault
    Jaime image ~Proof Roosevelt Hoarder~ My Roosevelt Set
  • i agree that you need to define largest

some people may have million slabs but they could be worth 10$ each
    others would have 2 coins worth more than a million each

so it depends

julians inventory is pretty pricey even tho it wasnt that many coins
    Rick - coin guy

<< <i>i agree that you need to define largest

some people may have million slabs but they could be worth 10$ each
    others would have 2 coins worth more than a million each

so it depends

julians inventory is pretty pricey even tho it wasnt that many coins >>

OK. Largest selection of slabbed coins for sale, period. How's thatimage
  • Victorian
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    How about we look for the largest certified dealer inventory in the USA --- with only non-modern coins worth $100 or more each.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

<< <i>How about we look for the largest certified dealer inventory in the USA --- with only non-modern coins worth $100 or more each. >>

Ok! Good starting point! Thanks...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Heritage. They always have many boxes of coins at the major shows, and there has got to be more back at the office.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file