Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2009 Football Case - Which one should I buy?

I got lucky on a lottery scratcher and want to buy a 2009 football case. I haven't bought a new product case since 2005, any advice on which one I should get. I just got the Blowout cards email and I am tempted by the 2009 SP Authentic.
Mike

Comments

• Not sure which one you should buy, but SP Authentic is an all or nothing type case. You either get a real good case or a lousy case, not much in between. Are you buying to resell or for your pc? Really depends on what your looking for.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for me to rip. That is one thing that scares me about Upper Deck products, it is all or nothing. I'm hoping that buying a case would even out, individual boxes a a HUGE crapshoot.
    Mike
  • What about the 2009 Playoff Contenders that just came out. Get 4 autos per box I believe
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Is the SP Authentic a pre-sell?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Still is as far as I know Don. I was gonna pick up a box or two, but with only one auto per box, be tough to get a good one.
    The sell sheet is confusing for SP Authentic. It says 1 Auto/Mem card per box but then it says that there are 2 more autos, possibly making it 3 per box.
    Mike
  • Depending on how much you won, I would get a few boxes of 09 Contenders.

Since Sanchez, Stafford, and Harvin are inserted 1:case, odds will be in your favor if you pick up multiple boxes.

SP Authentic signed rookies are ALWAYS in demand for the hot rookies, so this product is also an option.

I'm going to be buying 5 boxes of Contenders and a case of SP Authentic (Hopefully for the SP) as those are the 2 sets rookies are always profitable.

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Yes, it is pre-sell, but is scheduled for release Jan 12. While the product looks
    great for rookies, 10 auto RC patches per case, each case will probably yield
    approximately 16-18 autos. If you just like autos on cards, (no patches) I would
    go with SP Sig, with each case containing approximately 28-30 autos. And there
    is a cost difference too, the Authentic will set you back more.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    2009 Playoff Contenders. They actually have some on-card autographs in this product this year. Not all of them, but the top rookies (I think the first 30 or 35) are all on-card
    autographs. I bought a few boxes today and was able to pull this beaut...

• I am eyeballing 2009 Topps National Chicle... but SP Authentics & Playoff Contenders are safer choices given their established popularity.

Here are the details on SP Authentic according to Blowout Cards:

2009 SP Authentic Football 12 Box case
    Case Price: $1175
    (01/26/10 Release)
    5 Cards per Pack. 24 Packs per Box
    Get One (1) Autographed Memorabilia Card in every box! Including up to an unprecedented Ten (10) Rookie Auto Patches per Case!Look for SP Authentic Dynasties, featuring Autographed Manufactured Patches of the NFL's greatest Dynasties!Uncover redemptions for the complete 2009 SP Authentic Rookie Auto Patch Set!Find an additional Two (2) Autographs per box. ALL NEW: Collect an expanded base set including Regular Card Short Print Variations. The largest SP Authentic Regular Set ever produced!All Autographs are signed on the card!

Snorto~
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2009 Playoff Contenders. They actually have some on-card autographs in this product this year. Not all of them, but the top rookies (I think the first 30 or 35) are all on-card
    autographs. I bought a few boxes today and was able to pull this beaut...

image >>

Nice! image
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, Nice pull. Did you buy the box in Concord?
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Just be sure to post what you pulled whatever you choose. Cool Stafford

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, Nice pull. Did you buy the box in Concord? >>

No way Bobby...after the fiasco you guys told me about, I am not about to step foot in there. image Picked it up in Rock Hill, actually!
  • estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Topps Mayo
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
    Anyone know why 2007 Exquisite cases are only $1000 or so? The 2005 Exquisite is priced higher and I think the 2007 rookie selection is much better.
    Mike