WANTED!!! DISNEY DOLLARS!!!!

Looking for ALL Disney Dollars.

Any year. Any condition.

What's 'ya got ???

PM me or email at emards4457@msn.com

Thanks!

Larry Emard
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Larry:

Enjoyed meeting you at the Houston Money show.

Regards,
    Rick
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭
    all have the same crease through center of bill
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Here's the TinkerBell you were looking for.

It appears to have been up for a long time so I am sure you've seen it.

Tink Link

Rick
  • Hi Musky1011...

Those are common, and in that condition they are worth about face value.

Thanks for the post.

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • Hi Rick...

HA!!! That guy has been trying to sell the group of 2002's forever...(Good Luck on that one...He's only asking about 300% higher than it should be...HA...LOL...)...

Thanks for the heads up.

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • racecap97racecap97 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭
    The disney money notes are pretty cool. How much of a collector demand for those notes is there? I assume its more for the disney collectors than it would be for the currency collectors. I remember back when I was about 10 (20yrs ago) my friend went to disney and brought back a few different disney dollars and I always wanted some of my own but never got any and i've still never been to disneyland. image
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INTERESTING WWII HAWAII NOTES.
  • I got this one when I was a kid. image
    Looking for notes with 11121976
  • I will admit I know little about the collectibility of Disney Dollars, but I thought Tinker Bell was the rarest of the rare. If the rarest Disney note is WAY overpriced @ $129 there must not be much of a market. Am I missing something?

Rick
    lbtrip23

That was one of the notes that I was talking about seeing my friend come back with when I was a kid, so i'd assume that note is around 15-20yrs old.

Oldabe

A few years back I was looking on ebay for some disney dollars and found a guy selling some Pirates of the Carrabean disney dollars and they were more than what the seller is asking for that tinkerbell note if I remember correctly. I don't remember much other than they were VERY expensive.
  • Hey Rick.

The Tinkerbell pictured in that eBay ad has an "A" prefix, indicating that it came from Anaheim (Disneyland). There is a few of those around, and I have a graded PCGS 68PPQ in my collection...

....The REAL RARE one has a "D" prefix, indicating it came from DisneyWorld in Orlando.. How rare you ask??? Well...I've never seen one and I've never seen a picture of one...Book value lists the "D" at $400.00 (WAYYYYYYYYYYY too low...)

Thanks for the call back..

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Hi Rick..

I went back and re-read your post... The Tinkerbell is not the most expensive note that Disney put out. Just one of the more popular. Tinkerbell was only put on a Disney Dollar once, and it's on a $10.

The 2005 (Disneyland 50th anniversary) $50.00 Boyer note is the top.

The Boyer Father/son team of artists is responsible for creating the only $50 Disney note. The first 100 S/N's were signed by both guys and framed in a special front/back frame. Book value says $850.00, which is low. Current value is probably more like $1500.00 or so...if you can find one. I've recently had #82 offered to me for $2500.00..(still thinking about it...).

Hope this helps...

Happy Mickey!!!

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Very interesting. Thanks for the information.....got a picture of one of the $50? I'd like to see one.

Thank,
    Rick
  • POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
    Where do you get all the information on Disney dollars? What price guide is there for these, I'M INTERESTED! image
  • ...Just to clarify...

The 1995 $10 Minnie ("D" Disney World).. is grossly over priced. At over $1200.00 (sold), there might be a little behind the scenes action..image Book value for these is at $75.00, and I've owned a few .

The 2005 $50 Boyer is priced right, for what it is..explain...There are actually 2 differend Boyers. The first 100 S/N's are framed (by Disney) and signed by both Boyer's. These are the top dog's of the Disney Dollars collecting. The second (which is shown in the eBay ad...) is actually one of the rest of the 1955 notes produced. All of these notes (S/N 101 - 1955) have the "B" prefix but were not signed or framed. Looks like somebody got a hold of this note (#247) and simply had the Boyers sign it aftermarket. Hence no low number and no frame. The sale of the note on eBay at a touch over $500, with the Boyers aftermarket signatures is pretty close IMO. Book shows the framed Boyer at $850.00 (a steal...) and the Boyer $50's (B101 - B1955) at $400.00 (about right).

Now...just to complicate things...

There is also a regular $50, one from Disneyland (A) and one from DisneyWorld (D). Here's how you tell the difference...

All the Boyer $50's will be numbered 1955 and below (the first 100 being the framed ones...). All Boyer notes will have a picture of Mickey looking in a mirror (hence the term "Mickey in the Mirror"). If you look closely in the mirror, you will see Mickey's reflection as he was 50 years ago.

All the other $50's (S/N 1956 and higher) will only have a large picture of Mickey's face in the center of the note. All of these were distributed at the parks, and will have the prefix of "A" or "D" only.

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Racecap97...

There are a couple price guides out there. The guide that most collectors use is the "History of Disney Dollars" by Charlie Rogers. Can't buy them a Amazon or the Internet (just the way Charlie wants it...image

Has history stories on the illastrators, Debut Dollars, Error's, Disney Yen and Disney Euro's, a checklist, a character list, and a pricing guid for all the notes 1987 - 2009.

(I use it everyday...)

Charlie is at most of the West coast shows and will be happy to take your cash for a book, and I also carry a pile of the guides to all the shows I attend (FUN, ANA, Long Beach, Baltimore, Santa Clara, etc.)

LMK if I can help.

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Dollars-Information-Resource-Collector-Guide_W0QQitemZ350299533147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518f7aaf5b

here is a price guide ....what is the top bil 1933 mickey cone dollar ??? where do u find one ?? value??
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Indy Nats.

I've seen the book...pretty much no comment...sorry

I use the book by Charlie Rogers.

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • what is the top bil 1933 mickey cone dollar ???
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS

Papabear image
  • PM sent
    Collector: of low or fancy serial numbers in the 1928 - 1963 era including radars and repeaters, better stars, mules, special serial number ranges, also pre WWII Philippine star notes and low serials as well as low and fancy serials on MPC

Data collection: serial number data of scarce notes in the 1928 to 1963 era - radars, repeaters, scarce stars, mules, and other scarce or rare notes in all types or series & large size 8 digit radars or repeaters
    My email is: HHICL@aol.com
  • Thanks for all the messages..

Keep 'em coming...I've got more money to spend...image

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Have a 500 yen Donald Duck from Tokyo Disneyland.. It's a Japan series #2 in mint condition.. Any interest out there from anybody...
  • ...still looking to BUY or SELL...image

Larry

PM me or email emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • This is a very educational thread on Disney Dollar's and I've learned much just by reading this...This type of thread is
    what makes this forum both interesting and educational...Thanks for the info. Larry ! image

"having money's not everything and not having it is."

-Kanye West

• Anyone know how much a set of 3 (1,5 & 10) with a serial #1 would go for? Bought the framed set at face value. One of a kind.

Also have a couple framed Boyer (serial # under 100).

Love this thread and would also be willing to trade some bills in order to complete collection.
  • would u be willing to sell the #1 notes ....or the 50s pm me or open yours
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • Hi LUMA

Welcome to the boards...

I'm always a buyer of the Disney Dollars you have.

Please PM me, OR email me at emards4457@msn.com

I can help your collection also. My inventory is abour 3000 raw and 200 PCGS graded strong.

Thanks

Larry

CHEERS!!
  • Never seen #1 bills anywhere. A couple pics....

And a $50 Framed, signed Charles Boyer,

• PM sent

CHEERS!!
  • VirginiaCollectorVirginiaCollector Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping that taking this to the top might bring Larry out of hiding!!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • Hi Larry,

I have quite a few Disney Dollars I am selling for

a client and they are ALL uncirculated from 1988.

Also, some of the numbers are low, starting with

D000 and A000.......although, I found 6 that have

consecutive numbers with a tiny crease at bottom

left corners, which seem to decrease as the numbers

get higher or lower, as if the creases were caused

by the printing mechanism, not caused by handling.

To me, it seems like this would NOT be a defect or

affect the asking price. Have you ever come across

any bills in this condition?

I would enclose photos, but not sure how to do that

in this venue.

Best Regards,

Tula
  • underbidderunderbidder Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭
    Larry has not signed onto the forums for a few years. A crease is a fold, so the notes are no longer uncirculated. What you describe does not sound like it has anything to do with the printing process.

If you could put up a list of your notes at least someone might want to get them as a package deal.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com