Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins
  • Options
    Also added these:
  • Options
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Even if it is assumed that the highest graded is the "finest" - and that's not always the case - if there are 6 others which have received the same graded, it seems that "finest known" is at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading.
  • Options

<< <i>Even if it is assumed that the highest graded is the "finest" - and that's not always the case - if there are 6 others which have received the same graded, it seems that "finest known" is at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading. >>

Remember, no commentary in seller's threads per
    Text

Besides, I don't find it "at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading". That's the most I would find it. It's not like the title is committing some great fraud or anything like that.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "THIS IS EASILY THE NICEST '64-D NICKEL IN EXISTENCE."

Frankly, I have a problem with this part. But, perhaps that is because I just spent half a day marveling over Justhavingfun's Jefferson collection.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Even if it is assumed that the highest graded is the "finest" - and that's not always the case - if there are 6 others which have received the same graded, it seems that "finest known" is at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading. >>

Text

Besides, I don't find it "at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading". That's the most I would find it. It's not like the title is committing some great fraud or anything like that. >>

I have good reason to believe that my "commentary" was not out of line, based on the seller's "finest known" language. I wasn't talking about the coin's price, appearance or anything like that, but rather, that a pop 7 coin was described as the "finest known". And that doesn't even take into account that there are two MS67 FS examples of that date on the NGC Census Report. Lastly, please don't throw in straw man arguments such as "It's not like the title is committing some great fraud or anything like that", I never said or even hinted that such was the case.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Text

Besides, I don't find it "at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading". That's the most I would find it. It's not like the title is committing some great fraud or anything like that. >>

I have good reason to believe that my "commentary" was not out of line, based on the seller's "finest known" language. I wasn't talking about the coin's price, appearance or anything like that, but rather, that a pop 7 coin was described as the "finest known". And that doesn't even take into account that there are two MS67 FS examples of that date on the NGC Census Report. Lastly, please don't throw in straw man arguments such as "It's not like the title is committing some great fraud or anything like that", I never said or even hinted that such was the case. >>

then what did you mean by at least somewhat inaccurate and misleading? could it be worse than that?

now, i know that you have a whole bunch of followers here, and i'm sure you sell great coins and are honest and all that. but as Abe Lincoln, or whoever it was said, can't please all of the people all of the time, and you aren't pleasing me.