Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My new addiction... Topps Triple Threads Baseball....

Just picked up a couple of this year's triple threads baseball of all time Philadelphia greats...

Schmidt/Ashburn/Howard Triple and Jimmie "The Beast" Foxx

Topps really has done a nice job this year with the design and the unique was the pieces are displayed

Comments

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool cards.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Thanks man. I paid a little more than I wanted for both, but Schmidt and Ashburn are two of my all time favorites and Foxx is a true legend of the game.
  • Options
    I sort of sided against the threads cards because I was on that "we shouldn't destroy memorabilia" kick. But I'm back to likeing these cards again because I'm a card collector. I'd rather have a card with a piece of an item on it than to actually have the item.

Nice cards, don't go and od on them now. image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    those are very nice cards, i don't usually like newer stuff but they did a nice job.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    no ink?
  • Options

<< <i>no ink? >>

Well Jimmie Foxx and Ashburn have passed on.

Just realized how dirty my scanner is.
  • Options

<< <i>I sort of sided against the threads cards because I was on that "we shouldn't destroy memorabilia" kick. But I'm back to likeing these cards again because I'm a card collector. I'd rather have a card with a piece of an item on it than to actually have the item.

Nice cards, don't go and od on them now. image >>

I was originally against memorbilia cards for the same reason, but in the end of the day I probably would never spend the money (and porbably couldn't afford anyway) a Jimmie Foxx or Ashburn GU jersey. These cards give us the opportunity to own a piece of history normally outside the reach of the normal collector.
  • Options
    cool thread
  • Options
    Justine, how many packs did you have to molest to find those cards?

Nevermind, you'll just lie about it. image
  • Options
    would look a little better if the Howard was red
  • Options

<< <i>Justine, how many packs did you have to molest to find those cards?

Nevermind, you'll just lie about it. image >>

Trentesa, your every post makes my sig line even more meaningful. Have you added anything useful to the boards, even once?

• Options

<< <i>would look a little better if the Howard was red >>

The Howard actually came from his AS game appearance in either 06/07. Topps was also using yellow AS jerseys for a time as well. I got it mainly for the Ashburn who does not show up on a ton of GU cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Trentesa, your every post makes my sig line even more meaningful. Have you added anything useful to the boards, even once? >>

Yes I cetainly have, allow me to give an example...

DrJ(Justine) is a known pack molesting liar who would steal from a little girl. He's a pitiful rat and a slanderous baby.

And that's the truth folks.

For everyones information. Everything I've said about DrJ is true and well archived.
  • Options
    But Let's Move On...
  • Options
    Hope you didn't spend your entire welfare check on those 2 cards. Think of the children.

Archived
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Here we go again...