Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Forget driftwood (lol), I found an even cooler registry set!

ESM Complete Half Cent and Cent Set

Holy Cow!
1793 Strawberry leaf cent! 1796 no pole half cent! 1958 DDO Cent! Awesome Photos! (No one can complain this time!)

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Other than the usual "nice!" "wow!" or "I wish I had that", two thought popped in my head. "WOW! This guy loved copper" and when I got to the proofs, "Holy cr@p!! There's proofs too?!?!?"
    Amazing collection and image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy CARP! On the Proofs!!

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't imagine what it would be like to own a set like that. Died and gone to heaven...
  • LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    Huh? Oh no!!! He shouldn't get off so easy!

I think we should all criticize him for having no descriptions and such TINY pictures!
    How can we tell if those coins are REALLY good enough?

This is a very passionate and aggressive collector that pursues the best and wants
    to learn the most about what he collects, which is challenging & varied.
    What more should be asked?
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • 66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    I find it astounding that in the photos linked by ChrisRx, the 09-VDB proof is the most 'common' by population, even though it is a 66RD!

This set is absolutely AMAZING! I bet robec gets into frothy frenzies when he has the honor of photoing coins out of this collection!
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I find it astounding that in the photos linked by ChrisRx, the 09-VDB proof is the most 'common' by population, even though it is a 66RD!

This set is absolutely AMAZING! I bet robec gets into frothy frenzies when he has the honor of photoing coins out of this collection! >>

I was in hog heaven getting to image some of Pete's collection. I would have loved to have done more. Mike Printz has had the honor and distinction of imaging the rest of Pete's coppers. Of the one's that I did get to image, my favorite in terms of eye appeal is the 09 SVDB. He, indeed has one special collection and I appreciated Pete allowing me to play with part of it.
  • FinallyHereFinallyHere Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    It's been a real pleasure, and honor, imaging Pete's coins. He's not only a genuinely nice fellow but has a real passion for coins. Bill, here's a large image for you of his 1836 First Restrike - wonderful coin. I provide Pete with this size image as well as an obverse and reverse image.

Mike Printz
    Harlan J. Berk, Ltd.
    https://hjbltd.com/#!/department/us-coins
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Huh? Oh no!!! He shouldn't get off so easy!

I think we should all criticize him for having no descriptions and such TINY pictures!
    How can we tell if those coins are REALLY good enough?

This is a very passionate and aggressive collector that pursues the best and wants
    to learn the most about what he collects, which is challenging & varied.
    What more should be asked? >>

AND, by clicking on that first image and then clicking on "next", you can see each and every coin large enough to fill your screen. Peter truly has an extrordinary collection of copper coins from 1793 to present. Steveimage
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Driftwood, anyone know how I can contact him ?
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15

Wow those two are awesome!
  • PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Great pics !!
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I like how he doesn't waste his time with PR70DCAM's for the common coins.

So what's up with the 17193 strawberry leaf, VG10BN, pop 1 and none higher? All the rest red :>

Also, there are 3 1958 DDO's at PCGS?

• renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like how he doesn't waste his time with PR70DCAM's for the common coins.

So what's up with the 17193 strawberry leaf, VG10BN, pop 1 and none higher? All the rest red :>

Also, there are 3 1958 DDO's at PCGS? >>

The strawberry leaf has a population of 3 known in all grades. The other two are both impared, but grade out at g-4 and g-6, I think. Pete's is the finest known, and was won at auction for north of $800K

And as far as we know, there are only three known 1958 DDOs. Stewart has a 65RD, and someone from Seattle supposedly has the third. Heard his name once, but I'm not too good with names. image