Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Another very odd change to a registry set composition (Walking Liberty Half Dollars).

I just noticed they took the obverse or reverse mintmarks for 1917 out of the basic set. Is there anybody who would consider a Walker set complete with out those? This is analogous to when they removed the 1976 Ike types out of the basic Ike set. What's next, a basic Lincoln set that only needs one 1909?

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe you are refering to two distinct varieties of which only 1 should be in the basic set.

I remember when they did this with the IKE's and I'm still not used to it but then the folks that are considering starting the set and know very little about them might appreciate not having to have both coins for their basic set.

And yes its kinda stange but then change always is.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible for me to think about Walkers without automatically including the 1917 obverse/reverse mint mark varieties as part of the set.
    But PCGS sets the Registry rules, so that's how I'll play the game.
    When in doubt, don't.