Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

This is who gets my vote for the coolest registry sets!

Comments

• Options
    Okey-Dokeyimage
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    No photo's = No vote from me.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No photo's = No vote from me. >>

I'm sure they are cool sets of coins, but his Registry sets are just a bunch of numbers on my screen, not that cool to look at and doesn't get my vote either image
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He does have a '76-CC 20-cent piece in MS66, pop 2/0. Wonder if it's the original one or the dipped one?
  • Options
    I agree about photos. I trust it's a great collection, but without photos or descriptions, it just looks like a speadsheet.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He does have a '76-CC 20-cent piece in MS66, pop 2/0. Wonder if it's the original one or the dipped one? >>

I believe it's the original [Norweb] one.
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Needs photos!
  • Options
    That would take some serious time to photograph all those coins. I wonder what the tally would be if PCGS did True View on all of them.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That would take some serious time to photograph all those coins. I wonder what the tally would be if PCGS did True View on all of them. >>

I remember getting my photo stand and camera set up, and settling in to photograph all 150 coins in my MS Lincoln set. It took four sessions, and my back hurt for days afterwards. Now I only photograph coins when I get a wild hair, a new biggie, or if I'm being coerced!
  • Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    1796 25c MS-65

This person has some stunning coins and should be applauded
    for his achievements instead of castigated for his presentation.

Sometimes this group can be harsh!
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options

<< <i>1796 25c MS-65

Sometimes this group can be harsh! >>

I strongly agree with you! There are some fantastic coins there, including the monster you mention. Just because someone is not into picture taking, does not make their collection any less impressive.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1796 25c MS-65

I strongly agree with you! There are some fantastic coins there, including the monster you mention. Just because someone is not into picture taking, does not make their collection any less impressive. >>

I agree that it's an impressive set and probably has some really awesome looking coins, but it seems that for some of us to consider calling it one of the coolest sets on the Registry it would be necessary to at least be able to see the coins.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>1796 25c MS-65

I strongly agree with you! There are some fantastic coins there, including the monster you mention. Just because someone is not into picture taking, does not make their collection any less impressive. >>

I agree that it's an impressive set and probably has some really awesome looking coins, but it seems that for some of us to consider calling it one of the coolest sets on the Registry it would be necessary to at least be able to see the coins. >>

That sounds reasonable, but, do we do that with the High Desert Set, or Just Having Fun, or Stewart Blay, or the magnificent Cardinal Set & his new one the Cartwheel Cents,
    or the Jim McGuigan 1/2 c, or the retired Swan Family Complete Type Set, or the Gerald Forsythe Walking Libs, or the Joshua II Merc. Set, or the Thomas Irwin Lincolns, or etc.
    and many more that are HOF and leading sets for years & years? Not to mention all the dead guys that now reside at the top of sets. image
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    This thread is worthless without pictures. imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>This thread is worthless without pictures. imageimage >>

There you go! image
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He does have a '76-CC 20-cent piece in MS66, pop 2/0. Wonder if it's the original one or the dipped one? >>

I believe it's the original [Norweb] one. >>

The Norweb piece was originally graded 65 by NGC and then bumped up to NGC 66, now it's a PCGS 66. Originally owned by Jay Parrino.

Rusty Goe holds the other one I believe.

Here's a nice article for anyone interested in the '76-CC 20 c coins...

'76-CC twenty centers

By the way, if you want to see some spectacular registry coins go across the street and check out Yeoldeone's sets.