Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Looks like I'll need to go to Vienna...

Have any of you been here?
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I like the interior of the room.... I'd love to have a study like that. Beautiful! Of couse I would love to have the coins also!
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Hmm.... their jobs page lists an opening.... imageimageimage

Never been, but would surely love to.. looks awesome! The Munzkabinett in Stuttgart was pretty nice. I lived there 3 years and only got around to visiting shortly before leaving image
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Doesn't seem very PCGS friendly, none of the coins are TPG certified.
  • Options
    I've been lucky enough to visit the KHM a handful of times. My position with my former employer required me to spend three weeks in Vienna per year. I still keep a paperweight on my desk that's a replica of an Egyptian scarab from the museum's permanent exhibit on ancient Egypt.

Unfortunately, that was all before I became interested in coins. I still remember walking through the exhibit, but didn't have enough knowledge at the time to appreciate the items (other than for their historical significance). I hope to return on vacation sometime in the next year or two. If it works out, I'll be sure to allocate more time for the coin exhibit.

If anyone does make it to Vienna, drop me a PM and I'll share my favorite hotels, restaurants, and watering holes image