Home Precious Metals
Options

I got none of "cars" goodies.

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bid on 11 and got a big goose-egg. Some bids were very close. I wasn't near a computer for some time so I couldn't track the progress. I hope some of you did better.

R95

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Whoever got that Refinemet 10 grammer for $6 and change should be hauled away to jail!!!image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I had my eye one ... oh well, I forgot to bid on it .... I keep telling myself "it's only bullion with a substantial markup."
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had bids on the 1,2,4,5 & 10 gram pieces and forgot to be there for the close of the auctions and lost them all.
    I need to start using a snipe program. image
  • Options
    I was disappointed in a lot of the ending prices. Especially the 5 & 10 oz bars. I paid from $90-$140 for the 5 oz bars & $150-$200 on the 10's. Where the heck were the people that bid against me when I purchased them? lol. I was happy with most of the smaller bars. Some of them were given away for spot and I think a few even went Under spot. I would have kept all the 5 & 10oz bars if I knew they were going to sell that low. I guess that's the chance you take when you list @ .99 NR. The Pamp suisse 500g bar really surprised me. I turned down $425 for that bar last month when it was listed in my store lol, Went for $300, Exactly what I paid for it.

I imagine they averaged out. 3-4 1 oz bars went over $100, Two of those I've sold multiples of in the last few months for $35 +/-. A lot of the smaller bars brought more than I Expected.

I Do know what happened on some of them. An International buyer placed bids on 30 items. He asked earlier if he could and I said no. 20 mins before auction close I canceled all his bids that I could which cut the price of those items in Half. I imagine most people quit watching them when they hit those prices and didn't look back. The Buyer did manage to win about 10 items for around $400. One buyer purchased $1500 of Small bars. He emailed me today asking if I would ship Free. Another buyer purchased a 10 oz bar and Immed emailed me saying he wanted to cancel the sale which didn't bother me, besides the fact buyers can get away with that and its Very irritating.

O well, They are gone now except for a Select Fewimage. I think I kept around 40 pieces for myself. I still search eBay and will purchase more if the price is right or if they really appeal to me. I already find myself wanting to replace my small JM bars. I shouldn't have sold those image. Luckily they aren't too hard to find.

Thanks for bidding, If you did image
    Its all relative
  • Options
    TIPPAHNUMTIPPAHNUM Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    I bid on several but only won the 25 Gram MODISON LIMITED/BOMBAY...Overall a very nice offering of bars!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"having money's not everything and not having it is."

-Kanye West

• Options
    I went in looking at the 15 gr. Fortuna and 1 oz. Fortuna round. Placed what I thought was a "no way I can lose" bid on the 15 gr'er and got beat. So I placed a "no way in hades I'm gonna lose" bid on the 1 oz. round and barely won that. Then I got a little mad at this high bidder and made some high bids just to make that guy pay more. So congrats Cars. I think I helped your bottom line out a little.
    Successful transactions with AKrick, mkman123, gecko109, Agblox