Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Crystal Palace Medal.......Anybody got one for sale?

Or know a good source?

Many thanks......
No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    Well, I guess we can forget THIS little post ever happened :+)
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    There are several permutations of same; check the eBay UK site for the best results.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Thanks Mac; much more productive than the searches I've been doing.

I appreciate it......
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    There are probably 30+ different medals with the Chrystal Palace on them. I have some in my collection, if you would like to take a look. Victoria Collection.
  • Options
    What a wonderful collection!

The one I'm looking for has a single figure, a muse, on the obverse and I think I may have located one--I think.

Sorry to be crass but I would be interested in your opinion, and in Mac's and others.

I don't necessarily collect for financial gain, particularly since I'm pushing 80 and won't be around that long.

But I am trying to put some coins and medals away for our children and grand children.

What's your opinion of medals as a long term investment area? Also any areas that you would recommend.

Maybe a PM is the best way to respond but I really would appreciate some advice from the experts.

Regards and thanks
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    I believe the future is very bright for medals. The rarity , Beauty and variety combined with actual historical events makes it a worthwhile an impressive,, SHOW ABLE,, collection. You can put them in display cases. The latest issue of Coin World has a good write up on medals future.