Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

One of my check list "Wimmen" coins closes on Ebay in a few hours

I'm doing OK on it right now.

Here's hoping I haven't blabbered too much about it.....:+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250486766507&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Come to think of it now that I've shot my mouth off , this will probably fall into one of those "self fulfilling prophesy" kinds of things image
No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Yikes... never EVER post about an acquisition or potential acquisition until AFTER the auction is done. Better yet, don't post until after you receive the coin. There have been cases of won items magically "getting lost" before shipping after being posted about here (someone else sees what you won and contacts the seller offering a slightly higher price, and then an unscrupulous seller "loses" your item).

Also, what good can possibly come of posting in advance, other than to cause someone else to take an interest and bid against you, thus driving up the final price you end up paying?

Just sayin' -- better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Good advice coinpictures. I note it just got a good bid to put me behind.

You never know though, maybe I'm just shilling for the seller.

Actually the answer is a lot simpler than that though.

I'm an idiot...image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    That's is actually one of my favorite coin designs of all time... I'm still looking for a higher grade example for my own collection. And not to worry, the winning bidder will definitely get his coin. I'm not into pulling/ending auctions early,etc. image So good luck canadacolornut, I hope you win. image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And not to worry, the winning bidder will definitely get his coin. I'm not into pulling/ending auctions early,etc. image >>

No implication was intended; in fact I didn't realize the seller was a board member. I was just speaking in generalities to err on the side of caution, based on previous experiences. image
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That was a very strong price for an AU coin, I thought we were in a recession? I know everyone knows Shawnee and he offers good stuff, but I'm just saying.