Options

Explains a lot, I think.

A former poster that did not quite get along with the older groupimage
GCL

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, good for ol' GCL. He's growin' up.

At times I found the lad as annoying as most folks did, but I didn't hate him. He had his good points beneath the irritating exterior. He was never a true troll. Those enjoy the chaos they create.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    What was the most recent trolls name.. His name escapes me....
  • Options
    I thought of it, BCnumismatics or BCnumismatist... something along those lines..
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    No. It is Goin Coin Lover. I think he was around in 2007, from what I can recall.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like GCL is getting himself together and growing up, I am glad to see that.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Bet you guys all wonder when I'll do that! image
  • Options
    I know GCL, but I was also talking about BCNumismatics... wondered what hole he crawled into?
  • Options

<< <i>Bet you guys all wonder when I'll do that! image >>

What, grow up? You may just be a hopless case!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>

What, grow up? You may just be a hopless case!image >>

You'll grow up when I learn to spell. I ment hopeless not "hopless." I don't know if you can hop or not.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    GCL has had a new alt. ID here on the forums for awhile now, although from what i've seen him post the last year or so, he is a totally different person in his demeanor. I'm glad to see he has changed his tune, and seems to actually be enjoying the hobby now.

• Options
    I, for one, demand that we find out this new alt!!! How dare him sneak in here to try to not redeem himself(with pitchfork in hand)!!image

Just kidding!image If such is true, out yourself now so we can shake your hand, so to speak. image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember GCL, he is one of the very rare people I have ever been provoked into an outright electronic snarl! I've gotten snippy a few times, but he got a bona fide snarl/rant/ream out of me.

Growing up is good...I suppose I'll have to do it one day too (slightly OT--but an example-- in getting ready for our move we went through our DVDs and if any one person said yes, it stayed--oddly I was the only one who said yes to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....)

Good to see he is still plugging away and hopefully getting settled. I wish him luck.

Cathy

• Options
    I guess that I missed that thread, Cathy. Did it get poofed?
  • Options

GCL is that you? Todd, I woulda never thunk it!image jkimage
  • Options

<< <i>I remember GCL, he is one of the very rare people I have ever been provoked into an outright electronic snarl! I've gotten snippy a few times, but he got a bona fide snarl/rant/ream out of me.

Growing up is good...I suppose I'll have to do it one day too (slightly OT--but an example-- in getting ready for our move we went through our DVDs and if any one person said yes, it stayed--oddly I was the only one who said yes to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....)

Good to see he is still plugging away and hopefully getting settled. I wish him luck.

Cathy >>

LOL!! I gotta say that it is hard letting go to your childhood, especially when you have young ones. I find myself liking Spongebob more and more with each and every episode I watch with Connor! I even sing along, inadvertently, when it is on the tube.image
  • Options
    You caught me! Hah, NEVER!!!
    Oh and Aethelred, I can hop! One legged even!
  • Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Sadly BCNumismatics is still active over at the Australian Coin and Banknotes forum.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    So if he was born in 1990, that would have made him all of 12 or 13 when he began trolling over here? I'm glad he's growing up and out of his bad habits, and wish him much luck and success. A public apology to the Darksiders, however, would not go unappreciated here.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sadly BCNumismatics is still active over at the Australian Coin and Banknotes forum. >>

Did Aidan Work get nuked here? There canna be many coin discussion boards that haven't banned him, his IP, his whole IP range.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sadly BCNumismatics is still active over at the Australian Coin and Banknotes forum. >>

Did Aidan Work get nuked here? There canna be many coin discussion boards that haven't banned him, his IP, his whole IP range. >>

He did get nuked! And I agree with your observations! He was a bad seed, if there ever was one. He bought a coin from me and sent me more money than we agreed upon. He then persistently expected to have me send him other coins which were not to be had, especially by me. I told him no, but he persistantly expected me to send said coins. I, finally, verbally cussed him out and sent him coins, which I felt would satiate him just to shut him up.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Interesting development. It's always nice to see someone turn themselves around. Good for GCL!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.