Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who is "Red Zone" on ebay? Seems every auction I click on is his . . .

Good / Bad / Indifferent . . . Regardless, one helluva lot of nice cards! Curious?

Comments

• PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Tommy Freeman aka shaqfu1 (seller) aka alexthegreat334 (buyer).

• I've had 3-4 positive experiences dealing with them never any problems. Always nice cards, quick shipment, and professional service, though you can get them cheaper on their website . LINK I would recommend them. Drew
    Collecting Musial, K. Boyer, Simmons - The Cardinal Years, & vintage cards
  • Isnt Redzone the same as Levi or am I jsut drunk?
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isnt Redzone the same as Levi or am I jsut drunk? >>

I don't believe that is correct. Over the years, more people on this board inquire about redzone or shaqfu more than anybody. They've had issues in the past.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    I'm just impressed by the massive amount of vintage material he moves under the shaqfu id. He has some good supply lines
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Tommy lives about 15 miles from me. Though I dont really know him, I know of him. I have seen him buy out tables at shows for pennies on the dollar then he just puts it all on ebay and makes his coin. Quite impressive how he buys out tables or basically cherry picks a table with a wad of cash for a GREAT deal. He knows what he's doing.

Overall a very good seller, Ive purchased from him a few times. Raw may be a bit overgraded as advertised but no any worse than most on ebay.

A couple of issues arose from him in the past which I think he has corrected and more careful about. At one time he was heavily buying/selling GEM graded cards and now I dont think has any at all in his inventory? Another problem was fake patch cards. No one yet knows if this was his doing or he was buying them thinking they were real.
  • TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I noticed that RedZone had tons of high dollar stuff on ebay but i think most of it is overpriced. Not as much as 707 but still a little high. If it's something that you need in a hurry, you gotta pay the price. Or you can just wait for someone to put it up for auction instead of BIN. No transactions with them but maybe they will have that 1 card i am looking for in the future and ill have no choice but to BIN.

Always buying Ozzie Smith PSA 10's and 1949 Bowman PSA 5's
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased a few graded RCs from him when MS Live was giving 30%. I was happy with the purchase and he ships fast.
    Mike
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    He was one of the biggest sellers of counterfeit cards in sleazy "grading" company holders.
    STAR fakes.
    There is no way that someone buying large quantities of supposedly very rare items in those holders doesn't know it's crap.

If card companies were as vigilant about protecting their trademarks as PSA has been, he would have joined the WIWAG guys in Club Fed.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

• << <i>I purchased a few graded RCs from him when MS Live was giving 30%. I was happy with the purchase and he ships fast. >>

thats the problem. most of the stuff is still priced with that 30% markup!
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I purchased a few graded RCs from him when MS Live was giving 30%. I was happy with the purchase and he ships fast. >>

thats the problem. most of the stuff is still priced with that 30% markup! >>

EXACTLY!
    Mike
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I've never had any luck with Red Zone coming down much on his cards. But, he surprised me the other day. He came down 20% from his buy it now and then I applied an additional 15% bing rebate plus big crumbs, plus ebay bucks goodies, yadda, yadda, yadda, I got a decent deal.

Carry on...

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    For all of you unopened guys (I used to have a TON of it), he was the one who started selling the GAI graded "Grocery Cellos". I bought THOUSANDS of DOLLARS worth from him a few years ago. Seems that they were really aftermarket "cellos" and worth a hell of a lot less than "REAL" cellos. Did he know they were not the real thing? I don't know.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe GAI graded those POS grocery cellos. Was that during the Ryan Rutter era? He really trashed the graded pack market in his few months there.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭

I thought Levi was 707...........besides its too early to be drunk, even for an LSU fan.image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I still can't believe GAI graded those POS grocery cellos. Was that during the Ryan Rutter era? He really trashed the graded pack market in his few months there. >>

I believe it was Ryan. I even called him up and spoke to him about it. He actually gave me a long story about where they came from. Told me it was an ex Topps employee who bought a machine from Topps when he retired. At the end of each year (around 1970) he would buy many of the leftover cards from Topps and then repackage the cards.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I thought Levi was 707...........besides its too early to be drunk, even for an LSU fan.image >>

Yes Levi is 707.
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I don't know the ebay seller, but the deoderant is terrific.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    My interactions have been this... bought a $2k+ card from him without any hangups, used him as an escrow service (he didn't charge me anything for it), they do a lot of commissioned sales (which might explain why he has so much vintage and doesn't move on his prices), it was very disappointing to see all the 'authenticated' fake autographs they were selling (they must have known as the BIN's were very low).