Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best Weekly Circulation Find Contest Starts Now!!!!

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok folks here is the contest. There will be two categories. Oldest find and most valuable find. Each participant get's one entry into each category. Finds must come from circulation, ie recieved in change and can not be found by roll searching. We will use the redbook to determine value. Each entry must have a photo of the coin found and for the most valuable category the post should contain the stated value. We are on the honor system here so be honest about your finds. Have fun and good luck!!

Post your finds under this post.
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    going to start paying for things in cash more often now just so I can get change and increase my odds of winning image
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this run from Monday thru Sunday?

I'm in! This should be fun...
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an MS 68 2008 D in pocket change.

SGS might call it a 70 image
    PCGS might call it AU-58

Photos forthcoming.
  • Options
    3 log splitters this morning at walgreens

Have yet to check for DD's
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we have two co-leaders so far tied at $0.01 in value each image

Assuming that twosides is talking about a Lincoln of course.
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    I found a heavily circulated 1920 P-mint wheat cent mixed in with a roll of mostly formative years cents this morning. The oldest coin I have ever found in circulation!!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options

<< <i>Does this run from Monday thru Sunday?

I'm in! This should be fun... >>

Yes, Monday through Sunday.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I found a heavily circulated 1920 P-mint wheat cent mixed in with a roll of mostly formative years cents this morning. The oldest coin I have ever found in circulation!! >>

Must come in change, not roll searching.
  • Options
    I found a 2009 p roosevelt dime today, does that count. sorry I dont do pics.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    got a cruddy, scratched up 2007 nickel in change last night. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I found a 2009 p roosevelt dime today, does that count. sorry I dont do pics. >>

That was worth about $40... last week....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    1943 Washington 25¢ received from a Rockstar machine
    I'm merely the keeper of fine metals.
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

"Each entry must have a photo of the coin found..."
    -----
    I haven't seen any photos yet, but I still have faith.

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea. We do this in the "Wild Card" category of the monthly Metal Detector Forum awards (for items found without a metal detector).

1954 Jefferson nickel, AU+ to borderline MS, with nice toning (and luster not seen in these scans).

Series 1934-C $5.00 silver certificate.

Both from the cash drawer at work, fairly recently. (But posted before you started this contest, so they might not qualify).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dormant thread...but a great circulation find of mine, got this from the Post Office recently!

1911 Lincoln

imageimage
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    What do we win?
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to feel Madonnas Arms..... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights