Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DLRC as a buyer? any experiences?

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ive been considering moving some coins in order to get deeper into gold dollars. Being greeted by the DLRC ad every time I long onto this site...for some reason they come to mind. Anyone have any experiences?

Comments

• Options
    BAYOUBENGALBAYOUBENGAL Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    ambro, I have always had VERY good luck with them, consingned 3-4 times and got what i felt were very fair prices, it's nice because they really market your coins and if you are like me and do not have a lot of $100k stuff (who does?), you can get lost at some other places. Thier technology is GREAT, especially compared to anyone other than Heritage. Overall, I give them an "A". Good luck with your Gold $'s, I have them on my list as "next" hopeful set.

Bayou Bengal

#2 current, 3 all time PCGS Wash 25
    #3 current Barber 25, NGC
    #8 current NGC proof Liberty Nickel
    BAYOUBENGAL
    CFA, LSU AND ANA
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    If you wish to sell to DLRC give them a call and ask for John Brush. He's someone I consider a friend.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't dealt with them personally for selling my coins, but I've bought a bunch from them image I've heard that they are ok to deal with when consigning or getting coins into their auctions, but I've heard from a few that generally their offers to outright purchase coins are pretty low.

Though if your thinking selling your 1909 copper, I can probably think of an easier way to liquidate image
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it ONCE.image
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I haven't sold to them personally but know of a couple of other members who've had positive experiences with them.

I've bought from them several times with very good experiences.

All around A+ for me.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I've sold through them on several occasions. Their offer to buy would be your reserve if you wanted to take advantage of their Garanteed Auction Program. They are prompt and professional.
    Garrow
  • Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other thoughts or updates on this? I've always cosigned to TT, but after talking to Jason at DLRC at the Philly show, I liked what I heard and am thinking of giving them a shot.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    About 5 years ago, I offered some coins to DLRC. I wasn't happy with their prices. Did better with their neighbor, HLRC.
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I have sold them so coins a few times, no issues.

I like Heritage better for a direct sale but they are not far from me.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I thought their offers were on the low side, particularly for quality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file