Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hobby "horror" stories--writer looking to hear from collectors, dealers and others

Hello,

I am working on an article about hobby "horror" stories and I wanted to see if some of the CU crowd had any to share.

These stories can come from collectors, dealers (full-time and weekend warriors) and show organizers. And the topics can range from paying too much
for a card that was misrepresented, buying a raw card and than trying to have it graded and finding out it has been altered or is fake, bad autograph experiences with athletes, having someone steal from you at a show and so on and so on.

Ideally, I would like to have some tips on how to prevent, or at least greatly minimize, these issues (where realistic)--and still participate in the hobby.

If you would, please respond to me via email at kozpro20@hotmail.com by May 28th with your name and your story.

Thanks again to all who have helped with articles in the past --Doug Koz
Enjoy the hobby.

Comments

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    paging Gary: clean-up in aisle 6. bring a wet mop and a broom, this one may take a while.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to name "names" of the wicked...make sure your libel insurance is current-HA!
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Gary FTW, err stephanie's collectibles closet.

Hekcle plifter if you want also, he is a funny dude.

J
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    sure, we will help you bash a hobby we love.....
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I too would rather read about the good experiences people have had in this great hobby...jay
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Easiest thing all week.-------------GAIimage
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    sometimes you can learn a lot more from a horror story than all the feel good spin. It can't be bad letting others know about the bad guys so that they don't make the same mistake.
    Doug does a good job and doesn't have a preconceived agenda like a lot of mainstream journalists- and when you tell him something isn't for publication it doesn't end up in print.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    I've been friends with the writer for 20 years and he is just as passionate about the hobby as any of us. His agenda is not to bash the hobby but to advocate for the collector.