Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about miscut (MC)

I received a MC on a submitted card. It is well centered and the image is lined up with the border (border is same width at top and bottom and on both sides). There is a spot where the card is slightly thicker-it's about 1/4" long and maybe 1/32 wide at the edge on the top of the card. Is that the miscut? If not, what else could it be?

Thanks for reading and for any who answer, a BIG thank you for helping me understand this.

Comments

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Check the back of the card.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response. I neglected to mention that the back is also beautifully and evenly bordered and is the correct card # with the correct info on the back. It also was not graded, the MC is not a qualifier.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Can also get an MC when the card is a bit of a parallelogram instead of being square.

The card can be centered nicely on both sides, but PSA can't holder it without damaging it.

This picture is an exaggeration, but it doesn't take much for a card to not fit into a holder :

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I have had that happen to me 2 or 3 times and each time I resubbed it the card graded
    the second time through.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably due to the backs and the fact that the right side of the scans show some the the grass from the card next to it.