Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING QUESTION

Hello - I have a question on EOT and how PSA handles EOT. Maybe someone can help?

I received a sub and one of the cards was not graded and says:

N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING

Don't know if it matters but the card was pulled from a 3 box rack pack case that I open. I did purchase the case from BBCE who I know is an awesome dealer for cases of unopened stuff.

I am not complaining at all here even though I am very surprised.

My question is, do I just loose out on the sub for that card or do I get a voucher to send in another card?

I have subbed a few times and never gotten EOT b4. I am very surprised I got that. Otherwise I am happy about the rest of the submission.

Thanks in advance

(edit for typos)

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    NO vouchers are given for EOT.
  • Options
    Just got hit with Evidence of Trimming myself. From the last BBCE 80s group rip I pulled a beautiful Ripken Rookie in flawless condition. Not sure what to make of this, I guess the card was too razor sharp for PSA, but it literally went from pack to card saver.

I guess I could resubmit on the next special.

VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1951 TOPPS RED BACK 30 WARREN SPAHN Card US
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1959 TOPPS 156 ACE HURLERS PIERCE/ROBERTS Card US
    N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1982 TOPPS 21 ORIOLES FUTURE STARS BONNER/RIPKEN/SCHNEIDER Card US
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2000 UPPER DECK LEGENDS LEGENDARY SIGNATURES OR OSCAR ROBERTSON LEGENDARY SIGNATURES Card US
    MINT 9 2003 BOWMAN ROOKIES & STARS REMEMBERING ROOKIES RR-SO SHAQUILLE O'NEAL REMEMBERING ROOKIES AUTO. Card US
    NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 2007 UPPER DECK PREMIER PREMIER PENMANSHIP PENRO DAVID ROBINSON
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    OK thanks for the reply. It was my 6 freebies for resigning up. I am a little bummed the card got that.

Here was the sub fwiw

MINT 9 1984 TOPPS 8 DON MATTINGLY Card US
    GEM MINT 10 1984 TOPPS 8 DON MATTINGLY Card US
    MINT 9 1984 TOPPS 300 PETE ROSE Card US
    GEM MINT 10 1984 TOPPS 300 PETE ROSE Card US
    N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1984 TOPPS 300 PETE ROSE Card US
    NEAR MINT 7 1984 TOPPS 470 NOLAN RYAN Card US
    Total Items: 6
    Date Received: 3/26/2009

I am also unsure why the Ryan got the 7 but I am happy with the other 4 grades.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

I've had a hard time with Evidence of Trimming. I have 3 GAI cards that all got Evidence of trimming. One was out of the holder the other two were in Gai holders. One was a great card. SPX Lebron James Auto Rookie. Any suggesting what I should do. I really don't want cards I think have been trimmed. However I have many cards that I would say are that are in PSA or BGS holders. Do any of you guys suggest resubmitting them?
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Maybe you guys should just put down the scissors???

Stop hackin up the cards boys, geez.
  • Options

<< <i>I have subbed a few times and never gotten EOT b4. >>

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

Probably close to 90% of the cards I have submitted in the last year came straight from wax, rack or cello packs from 1997-present. With the exception of the first group sub we did, I always get at least one EOT.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Finn

Welcome to the boards, my advice is to crack them and resubmit.

Good luck.

I have been sending in 1953 topps for a buddy. I have sent in at least 200 cards (maybe more)

I have received probably 6 EOT's and all were graded the next time through.

I have also received 3 or 4 MC that also were holdered the next time through.

Steve
    Good for you.