Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wow, incompetence at the highest level

I've seen rants on here before about the usmint but the rants really are true.

I ordered the penny set back on the first day it came out and it has still not shipped even though it shows as in stock and reserved. The lady told me they all say that but that it doesn't mean anything and that they are totally backordered on the penny rolls. I also ordered 3 bronze spouse medals and a cancelled die at the same time (but a seperate order) and that shows the same status. She acted like I was on crack to expect that it would have shipped just 3 weeks after ordering. She said it is a minimum of 4-6 weeks. I've ordered lots of stuff before and if it is in stock, it is shipped within a week.

Who works there? Escaped primates from the zoo?
My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry

Comments

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen rants on here before about the usmint but the rants really are true.

I ordered the penny set back on the first day it came out and it has still not shipped even though it shows as in stock and reserved. The lady told me they all say that but that it doesn't mean anything and that they are totally backordered on the penny rolls. I also ordered 3 bronze spouse medals and a cancelled die at the same time (but a seperate order) and that shows the same status. She acted like I was on crack to expect that it would have shipped just 3 weeks after ordering. She said it is a minimum of 4-6 weeks. I've ordered lots of stuff before and if it is in stock, it is shipped within a week.

Who works there? Escaped primates from the zoo? >>

...........it's supposed to ship on the 3rd of april. check your tracking that day.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Hell hath no fury like a collector scorned. image

I'm sorry to hear of your challenges, and hope you receive your orders ASAP.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    You called a government agency and talked to someone??
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be a political post
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes you think that they're primates?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    What makes you think they escaped?
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and now General Motors too.
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    When did the US start making "pennies?"

Does a competent collector call cents by a wrong name?
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭

<< <i>When did the US start making "pennies?"

Does a <EM>competent<EM> collector call cents by a wrong name? >>

What are you, like 12?
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When did the US start making "pennies?"

Does a <EM>competent<EM> collector call cents by a wrong name? >>

What are you, like 12? >>

Ironic -- coming from the person who just likened mint employees to escaped primates -- don't you think?
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You called a government agency and talked to someone?? >>

You beat me to it. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I understand that Pitney-Bowes has been contracted to do the shipping for the Mint.
    Paul
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭

<< <i>

You beat me to it. image >>

Believe it or not! Just about 5 minutes on hold too.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember :

image happens

• Options

<< <i>Just remember :

image happens
    image >>

Oh man thats brutual. That guy is going to be working for free for a looonnggg time. As for the cent roll set, yes its supposed to ship on 4/3. Also, as for the mint shipping late, its a given. Everything they release always has an extended wait. Seems to be 2-3 weeks after the release. Besides the Kennedy rolls, those are always in stock image

Edit: I have a feeling the Lincoln rolls will be delayed longer. For about a week I had pending transactions from the mint listed in my checking account through the banks website. Now those pending transactions dissappeared without any withdrawl from the mint from the account. image
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>Just remember :

image happens
    image >>

.....image.....Holy Carp....I glad to see the guy escaped disaster.....I had to look at it again to see where he was...!!! ...If this were the mint I could see pennies rolling around everywhere but no cents.....
    ......Larry........image
  • Options

<< <i>She acted like I was on crack to expect that it would have shipped just 3 weeks after ordering. She said it is a minimum of 4-6 weeks. I've ordered lots of stuff before and if it is in stock, it is shipped within a week >>

To protect themselves that is standard procedure quoting a shipping time frame...
    if you get it "before" the quoted time frame that is great... but if they quote "4-6" weeks the customer
    always only hears the "4" not the "6" it can take the full "6" weeks... and despite all the complaints no matter what anyone
    thinks there is a lot involved getting orders out filled accurately on a timely basis...as much as there
    are problems with the mint... all in all they do a good job...and yes by no means perfect leaving a lot of room for improvement...remember it is run by the government with government employees...who for the most part just do a job and dont really care about your order...
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "Who works there? Escaped primates from the zoo?"

That's a very nasty statement; I think you just insulted a lot of primates.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file